Surveillance Research Associate - MMP
- Experience Level
Heluna Health invites applicants for a full-time Surveillance Research Associate position for the Medical Monitoring Project (MMP). MMP is conducted by the Applied Research Community Health Epidemiology & Surveillance (ARCHES) Unit of the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH).
This is a full-time, temporary, benefited position. Employment is provided by Heluna Health.
• Recruits participants for the MMP
• Schedules appointments with project participants for an interview
• Administers a participant interview at designated hospitals, clinics, medical offices, or public locations
• Performs medical chart abstraction at designated hospitals, clinics, and medical offices
• Follows project protocols and procedures to ensure confidentiality and accuracy of data collected
• Answers questions from the public and makes presentations about the MMP
• Participates in all MMP-related trainings and meetings
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Six (6) months of verifiable experience working with a culturally diverse population providing health information, education, intervention, and/or referral services
• Experience conducting interviews
• Experience collecting and reporting medical data
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends
• Ability to read and understand medical charts and laboratory reports
• Ability to interview and interact with persons of varied cultural backgrounds by demonstrating good listening and interpersonal skills
• Spanish speaking
• Ability to understand social services terminology
• Knowledge of and experience with HIV/STD counseling and testing procedures
• Knowledge of the medical and social services available in San Francisco to persons with HIV
• Ability to accurately collect and report data using paper tools (interview and chart abstraction forms), and electronic tools (hand-held devices and laptop computers)
• Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, email), and other software programs
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally
• Ability to work independently and adapt to varied work settings and schedules
• Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
• Ability to work effectively with a team of diverse individuals
• Demonstrated attention to detail
Handling / Fingering Occasionally
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled.
Interested individuals must submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
All qualified applicants will be considered for this position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
Please apply at the following URL: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PUB1001PUBH/OpportunityCreate?opportunityId=2526ba27-05ee-4901-89d5-fdbee3adf1a1