Summer Program Facilitator
- Experience Level
The Summer Program Facilitator reports to the Director of Programs and will work directly with all program staff to fully implement direct program services to members and complete program evaluations and administrative duties. This position is a temporary contract position for the summer of 2018.
This position will work in our summer program, Girls Inc. University to help all girls have a fun, active summer full of learning and new experiences.
Work with girls of all ages as they arrive in an informal environment, run morning wellness programs, and assist with transitioning to programming, covering for staff meetings, and preparing lunches. When available this position has opportunities for additional hours to stay and cover for other aspects of the program day. Hours Mon-Fri 6:30am-11:30am.
- Must be available for training May 21st - June 1st
- Programming Monday-Friday June 4th-June 29th, week of July 2th off, July 9th-20th, July 23rd
- Directly implement planned curriculum for school-aged girls in the program while being inclusive of all girls, modeling the Girls Inc. approach and achieving set outcomes.
- Ensure that programming is meeting intended outcomes and collecting outcome and evaluation data as necessary.
- Work with members on behavioral goals and closely monitor these goals throughout the summer, using excellent behavior management and positive discipline technics.
- Assure that programs meet goals and objectives established by Girls Incorporated of Greater Atlanta Board of Directors, direct supervisors and approved budget.
- Learn and utilize the Girls Inc. mission, and approach, as well as the development needs of girls and youth development best practices.
- Communicate regularly with parents in a way that promotes their engagement in their child’s development, strengthens relationships between parents and the organizations and represents the values of Girls Inc.
- Collaborate with other youth and human-serving organizations to develop and implement quality programming as needed.
- Work with a wide range of volunteers while positively representing Girls Inc.
- Assist in coordinating special events and field trips for girls and parents.
- Transport girls in 15 passenger vans on field trips.
- Ensure that all members have been picked up at end of all GIGA programs and that the building is safe and secure daily before departure.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and functionality of the Girls Inc. building and vans.
- Help maintain supplies, as well as order or perform cost analysis of supplies and activities as needed.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
- Represent the organization well on/in meetings, community committees, partner corporations, volunteers and the general public.
- Carry other duties as assigned by Director of Programs.
- Belief in girls’ rights and abilities and understanding of social, cultural, and economic barriers facing girls, especially girls coming from low income families and girls of color
- Experience in facilitation and/or classroom instruction and understanding of facilitation best practices
- Creativity and enthusiasm for high quality youth-programming
- Clean driving record and Background Check
- Capable of and willing to driving 15 passenger van on a daily basis
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Dependable and able to work the duration of the summer program
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling of work hours
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Spanish and English speaking a plus