- Experience Level
The Development Associate at Texas Right to Life will be a dynamic individual willing to carry the message of Texas Right to Life to all corners of the state. While most of the training and work will initially be conducted in the Houston State Headquarters, eventually the Development Associate will be required to travel throughout Texas.
For the right person, this will be difficult work, but work he or she will never want to leave. This individual will become a professional Pro-Life warrior who advances the Culture of Life and builds the Kingdom of God.
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Development Associate:
A bachelor’s degree is required.
One to three years of experience in the fields of development, marketing or communication is preferred but not required. The Development Associate will ideally have some experience in the Right to Life movement, or a strong personal conviction for the cause.
- He or she will be someone who has a personal conviction to the Right to Life Movement.
- The ideal candidate will have a Christian faith or background that matches the motive behind the mission of Texas Right to Life, with a strong personal prayer life and vocalized personal faith conviction and motivation.
- The Development Associate will have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- He or she will possess a high degree of relational and emotional intelligence, as well as healthy boundaries.
- He or she will be a strategic thinker, with business acumen, financial management and leadership skills.
- He or she will be collaborative, with skills in problem solving and analysis.
- The candidate will have a demonstrated high level of integrity.
- A self-motivated individual with a healthy amount of drive will be a great fit.
- A humble, authentic, and transparent disposition is essential to this position.
- This candidate will have a willingness to live out their faith in their work, their personal life and their community.
- The successful candidate will have an ability to lead conversations and drive results.
- He or she will be a lifelong learner.
- A “fit” with Texas Right to Life in mission philosophy, and a passion for the vision and values of Texas Right to Life are essential for this position.
- In addition to passion and alignment with the mission of Texas Right to Life, outwardly, the ideal candidate will have a presence both physical, mental and spiritually that reflects well on the organization, including in professionalism and appearance.
- He or she will be a team player that focuses on the good of the entire organization.
- They will exhibit a spirit of flexibility and adaptability.
- An ability to integrate into an existing system and offer creative improvements without disrupting an already flourishing system is essential for this position.
- The successful candidate will be committed to organizational unity.