Manager of Corporate Development
- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Manager of Corporate Development
Reports To: Director of Corporate Development
Posting Date: May 3, 2018
About Make-A-Wish® Georgia:
Since 1995, Make-A-Wish Georgia has been granting the wishes of local children facing critical illnesses. More than 20 years later, nearly 8,000 lives have experienced the impact of a life-changing wish. Make-A-Wish Georgia is a movement, powered by you, to renew families and communities disrupted by serious childhood illness. We all have the power to make wishes comes true. To learn how you can become a part of the story, visit www.georgia.wish.org.
Overview of Position:
The Manager of Corporate Development will be expected to (1) building incremental long-term relationships and revenue with established corporate partners, (2) seeking out, establishing, and growing new relationships, and, (3) exceeding annual revenue goals.
At the direction of the Director of Corporate Development, the Manager of Corporate Development provides support for the overall fundraising strategic plans to enhance Make-A-Wish Georgia’s ability to grant wishes and engage the community.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create strategic and highly customized sponsorship and activation proposals.
- Offer innovative and thoughtful strategies to connect with new prospects and existing donors to successfully garner new corporate dollars.
- Demonstrate superior account executive skills through managing and upgrading several accounts at one time while providing exceptional customer service, results, and account status updates to management regularly.
- Engage corporate sponsors through multiple channels including: workplace-giving campaigns, signature fundraising events, airline miles campaigns, corporate volunteer opportunities, in-kind donations, sponsorships, POS activations, and cause marketing campaigns.
- Provide research, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship to an active portfolio of existing corporate donors and prospects resulting in increased and new revenues.
- In collaboration with the Director of Corporate Development and the VP of Development, create appropriate solicitation and briefing materials including: personalized solicitation letters, tailored proposals and collateral to inform and educate.
- Present to c-suite executives on why they should contribute resources to Make-A-Wish Georgia.
- Manage and maximize activation opportunities for national partnerships and complete reports to the national office. Identify and establish new opportunities to collaborate with Make-A-Wish Foundation® of America on.
- Develop and implement revenue strategies to exceed stated goals for annually produced internal special events; including, but not limited to, securing sponsorships for the events.
- Provide exceptional customer service to donors and internal team members demonstrated through stewardship, articulation of expectations, collaboration, and problem solving skills.
- Work together with the marketing and program team to execute cohesive partnerships including external communication plans and wishes.
- Ensure that the corporate donor records in Raiser’s Edge database is current and maintained so that the data has a high degree of accuracy.
- Drive intentional, internal relationships resulting in collaboration, successful decision-making, and a fun culture and environment to work in.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Some travel within Georgia expected.
- Bachelors of Business, Economics, Arts, Sciences or comparable experience required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in non-profit development with an established track record of successfully soliciting corporate gifts and building long-term partnerships.
- Experience in creating donor stewardship programs.
- Requires excellent project management, customer service, interpersonal, writing/presentation skills, and attention to detail.
- Professional and polished image with a comfort in dealing with corporate executive teams.
- Highly professional and able to work successfully with a wide variety of constituents including donors, board members, volunteers, and professional consultants.
- High levels of integrity, trustworthiness, flexibility, compassion, and humor are necessary to address the practicalities of a growing nonprofit, along with the creativity and persistence required to elicit new thinking and change.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to manage multiple priorities, and to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, wish emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel, and Raiser’s Edge database management software.
- Individual must be a “hands on” developer of programs and a “doer” who likes to set and achieve goals.
- Proven ability to work within tight time lines and limited budgets, ability to work with a diverse community, communicate with passion and relevancy to a diverse constituency and fully contribute to a collaborative team-oriented, pro-active, fast-paced organization.
- Willingness to take direction and feedback to grow and exceed expectations with strong work ethic.
- Exudes a powerful passion of our children, their families, and our mission, day in and day out.
- Displays and purposefully creates a camaraderie amongst teams and coworkers, elevating their passion and enthusiasm for what our Georgia chapter is trying to accomplish.
- Contain a high degree of knowledge around corporate businesses within Georgia, their movement and M&A, along with business savvy in all industries applicable to our territory.
Make-A-Wish® Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and any other supporting documents to email@example.com. No calls or office visits, please.