Walk to End Alzheimer's Manager
- Experience Level
This position will manage implementation of Walk to End Alzheimer's through volunteer recruitment and engagement and corporate development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for achieving current revenue targets of $1M plus and expense budgets for the Walk to End Alzheimer's in the Atlanta Metro event with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget.
- Develop and follow a comprehensive development plan for Walk to End Alzheimer's that includes budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics.
- Develop community contacts to recruit high level volunteer leadership on the Walk to End Alzheimer's planning committee and garner community support.
- Responsible for ensuring the Walk to End Alzheimer's has high level leadership volunteers in place and train, coach and develop Walk leadership volunteers to reach goals.
- Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward Walk to End Alzheimer's teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve the Chapter's development goals.
- Ensure Walk volunteer committees are recruited, trained and developed on the National Walk to End Alzheimer's timeline and utilizing best practices, resulting in the attainment of income goal and team goals.
- Ensure smooth integration of the National Association and Chapter best practices, standards and guidelines.
- Work with the volunteer planning committee to organize outreach activities that promote the Alzheimer's Association mission and services, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with key corporate sponsors year-round and insure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Ensure timely and efficient data entry process and donation processing related to Walk.
- Manage the Walk website and all related setup, reports and information
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote employee education sessions in local corporations in the community to generate awareness for our cause; to reach out to others; to give back to the corporate sector; and to open new doors for sponsorship opportunities.
- Assure compliance with Alzheimer's Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Other assignments as requested by the Development Director.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years' demonstrated ability to recruit, motivate and coach volunteers in a fundraising environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of fundraising events or similar programs
- Ability to promote the Chapter's programs and events to a variety of audiences, including corporate management, individual participants and volunteers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Ability to travel occasionally throughout the Chapter area with some overnight and weekend travel required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; professional customer service skills with visitors, callers and volunteers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
- Outgoing, Positive, Engaging and Enthusiastic
- Self-starter, able to work independently and problem-solve
- Strong ability to self-manage with significant strength in time management
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work on a team and develop relationships in the community
- Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to multi-task
- Strong listening skills; friendly, helpful manner with clients
EQUIPMENT / SOFTWARE:
- Personal computer
- Multi-line telephone, Conference phone, Photocopier, Scanner
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite: Mail, Calendar, Docs and Hangout
- Previous experience with Convio preferred
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.