Executive Administrative Assistant
- Experience Level
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Administrative Assistant will partner with and support the Executive Director and the Chief Financial Officer to ensure smooth and effective everyday operations across the organization. They will work closely with staff, the Board of Directors, donors and partners, and outside visitors to arrange meetings and events in addition to supporting projects and other needs.
• Manage a complex and frequently changing schedule and calendar with tact, sensitivity and efficiency.
• Manage travel arrangements and communicate itineraries and/or changes with urgency, as necessary.
• Prepare and organize materials and facilities for meetings/small events; take notes for meetings, as needed; lead other staff or teams to ensure that all logistical details are executed impeccably.
• Provide clear and tactful communications, timely tracking, and follow up to assignments given to staff by the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer with professionalism and attention to detail.
• Enhance, update, and maintain filing and document tracking system for the Executive Director and the Chief Financial Officer. Acts as an effective intermediary for the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer with staff and our global network of stakeholders, in order for the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer to use their time in the most efficient manner.
• Prioritize all incoming requests for the Executive Director; making decisions about when to engage with the Executive Director and/or handle items directly, as appropriate.
• Review, organize and track mail, phone messages and event invitations.
• Partner with the Executive Director and the Chief Financial Officer to develop the most effective approach to achieving these results. Solicits executive level status reports; research, prepares, reviews, and summarizes a variety of reports and documents; prepares background and briefing documents as necessary for the Executive Director and other executives.
• Attends and supports the Episcopal Community Services Board of Directors meetings, specifically the Executive Director’s relationship and communications with the board.
• Provides a professional and welcoming first impression when representing the Executive Director with Episcopal Community Services’ internal and external stakeholders.
• Partners with senior leadership as requested, and performs other essential duties as assigned.
• Assumes responsibility for special projects and completes them timely, as assigned.
• At least five years of professional experience in a high-pressure, dynamic working environment.
• Outstanding commitment to the success of the role, the Executive Director, and the organization.
• Genuine interest in working in the nonprofit sector; strong interest in ECS’ mission as well as an appreciation for the positive influence and results that come with an effective executive team.
• High energy and initiative, and a drive for results; an ability to work with high levels of ambiguity and enjoy an active, fast-paced environment.
• Proactive, self-motivated, independent, resourceful/adaptable, and creative in the planning process. Able to manage multiple tasks and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
• Possesses a friendly attitude, customer service mentality, intellectual curiosity and a good sense of humor.
• Excellent independent judgment and decision-making skills.
• Outstanding analytical and research skills.
• Effective follow-up skills including tracking, delegation, and management.
• Ability to anticipate the needs of the Executive Director, executive, enterprise, or departmental needs and to take initiative appropriately, acting individually or as a part of a team.
• Professional and discreet demeanor with good interpersonal skills. Ability to handle confidential information and require considerable use of tact, respect, discretion and judgement.
• Knowledge of and strong interest in using and learning about technology tools as well as experimenting with different technologies to improve efficiency in executing tasks.
• Articulate; exceptional verbal and written communication.
• Ability to follow direction and process precisely; attention to detail.
• Strong note-taking skills: the ability to clearly and accurately synthesize key points for later reference.
• Outstanding planning, organizing, and time management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in an extremely fast-paced and dynamic environment with grace.
• Proficiency in technology office productivity and collaboration tools including Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project Management, One Note, SharePoint and Google Apps (Gmail, calendar, docs, sheets).
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Master’s degree a plus.
Must secure finger image screening and annual TB screening. Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position which may include long periods at a desk and/or computer workstation, daily travel to various sites, and lifting of up to 25 lbs. Must be available to work nights and weekends, as needed, for special events.
ECS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
EPISCOPAL COMMUNITY SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER