- Experience Level
- Masters Degree, or Bachelors with at least 3 years’ experience in employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and operation of a non-profit.
- Knowledge and experience related to Board Governance in order to work with the Board of Directors to fulfill the organization mission.
- 3 years as leader or key staff person in project development and implementation, supervisory experience with staff, in project of similar size and scope.
- 3 year’s budget development and management, including multiple funding streams and multiple budget oversight. Knowledge of fiscal and business management that anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Extensive knowledge on Microsoft Office programs
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state special education systems, including practices and policies of local districts and areas, for children from birth until they exit high school, including current terminology.
- Leader or key staff person with a non-profit organization, preferably a parent-directed project.
- Knowledge at state and federal level grant writing.
- Familiarity with the EDGAR system.
- Familiarity with HIPAA and FERPA and how it relates to the agency’s role in providing information and training on health care systems and educational systems.
- Early Childhood knowledge and experience.
- Marketing experience with knowledge in social media.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector including grant writing, fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the agency mission.
- Experience overseeing the overall operations of a non-profit organization. Including administration, programs, projects, contracts, community outreach, etc.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Preference will be given to an applicant who is a parent of a child with diverse abilities.
- Oversee all agency operations in all Northern California counties, including but not limited to: programs, program staff, and contracted employees. Along with oversight of all projects, including grant writing, data collection, and reporting.
- Supervise and lead part-time and full time employees. Provide regular employee evaluations, recruitment and training. Motivate by building consensus and managing teams, including staff and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, clients, Board of Directors, and service providers including educators and policy makers.
- Attend Board of Directors’ meetings to submit the proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Also report on current programs and projects.
- Oral communication, including public speaking to large diverse groups.
- Building collaborative relationships with local partners, state partners and broader as the demands necessitate.
- Traveling throughout the immediate county region, state, and out of state as needed.
- Full Time Annual Salary $60,000-$70,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance (health, dental, vision & life)
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Simple IRA with 3% Employer Match
- PTO Accrual with a First Year Cap of 141 hours, increasing after 5 years
- Sick Leave per Healthy Workplace Healthy Family Act of 2014
- Travel Expenses Reimbursed
Rowell Family Empowerment of Northern California provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rowell Family Empowerment of Northern California complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rowell Family Empowerment of Northern California expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rowell Family Empowerment of Northern California’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Civil Rights / Advocacy $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Redding
- Advocacy / Lobbying Civil Rights / Advocacy $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Redding
- Development / Fundraising Civil Rights / Advocacy $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Redding
- Direct Service / Social Service Civil Rights / Advocacy $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Redding
- Education / Teaching Civil Rights / Advocacy $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Redding