Coordinator, Development & Communications
- Experience Level
SMART (Schools, Mentoring and Resource Team, Inc.) provides low-income students access to an exceptional education and the skills needed to thrive in college and in life. SMART’s vision is to end the cycle of poverty in San Francisco by providing students and families financial, academic, and social emotional support, as well as college preparation and career exploration. Our organization provides a unique eight-year continuum of support that starts in 4th grade and goes all the way to college, including school support, after school enrichment, summer programming, and college preparation. Since launching our high school program in 2011, 100% of SMART Scholars have graduated high school and matriculated to college. While only 21% of low-income students who enter college will graduate within six years, SMART Scholars are currently persisting at a rate of more than 80%.
The Coordinator, Development & Communications is a key member of the development and communications team, and reports to the Director of Development & Communications. The primary responsibilities of the Coordinator, Development & Communications include gift processing, grant writing, donor data management, coordinating the organization’s external communication (website, social media, email, mailing, print materials), and overall departmental support where needed. This is an ideal position for someone building a career in nonprofit development, communications and marketing, with a particular interest in youth development and education.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Process gifts, including record updating, donor acknowledgement, and gift recognition.
- Maintain and update donor database and ensure data integrity.
- Coordinate submission of grant proposals and reports, including maintaining grants calendar, drafting, submitting and tracking grant proposals and reports.
- Conduct prospect research to identify new potential revenue sources.
- Assist with planning and execution of development events.
- Assist with other management and office related projects as requested.
- Maintain the organization’s website, including updating content and coordinating with relevant vendors.
- Create and deliver content through the organization’s social media channels.
- Coordinate external email to stakeholders, including content development and design, constituent data maintenance and tracking.
- Coordinate mailings to donors, including content development and design, and merging constituent data.
- Coordinate development of other external materials, including the Annual Report, brochures, videos, photos and other materials.
- Maintain and update photo library, ensuring events are photographed, and that photos are uploaded, stored and tagged.
- Coordinate with external agencies and vendors as needed to obtain and share necessary project deliverables and assets.
Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years of professional experience, with a focus on nonprofit fundraising and/or communications preferred.
- Strong passion for issues of educational equity for students from underserved communities.
- Great team player with a strong conviction in the power of collaboration in a small staff setting.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to tell compelling stories and develop engaging content with creativity, humor, and purpose.
- Strong organizational skills, with strong ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to problem-solve, work collaboratively on joint projects and individually as needed.
- Organized and accurate, with attention to detail and effective time management practices.
- Understanding of and experience with social media platforms.
- Experience with solutions and interfaces such as WordPress, Salesforce, MailChimp, and Adobe Suite desired.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply:
- Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Kelly Brian Shea, Director of Development & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your Name – Development & Communication”) in the subject line of your email.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, please no phone calls.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, May 18, 2018.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Event Planning Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Technology / Data Management Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco