- Position Type
- Full Time
School on Wheels, Inc. is a small, nonprofit organization made up of hundreds of volunteers who give their time, talents and support to the educational needs of homeless children who have a daily struggle in accomplishing their number one job as a child: learning.
As Development Associate, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing major donor and planned giving programs in order to meet the organization’s major gifts fundraising goal and planned giving program objectives.
- Work with the Leadership Team, Executive Director and the Board to manage relationships with prospective and existing donors in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Cultivate relationships with prospective major donors and prospective planned givers.
- Maximize potential of current donors as major gift or planned giving prospects.
- Support board member and staff leadership fundraising efforts.
- Assist in the planning and execution of solicitations and donor meetings.
- Prepare development-related correspondence, proposals, spreadsheets, reports and briefing memos.
- Conduct research needed to acquire the necessary context, background and information required to solicit gifts and build donor relationships effectively.
- Identify and solicit business sponsorship prospects for events.
- Steward donors through personal visits, email and telephone calls.
- Create, manage, update donor and prospect records and track status in donor database.
- Create reports on major donor and planned giving activity to provide status reports.
- Support production of publications, including E-newsletters, brochures, event invitations and campaign materials as well as other collateral materials and promotional items.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information exercising excellent judgment and discretion.
- Two or more years’ experience in fundraising or donor relations preferably in a nonprofit organization. Knowledge and understanding of all areas of development and personal experience in major gifts fundraising.
- Superlative communication skills: in person, in writing, in social media, and on the phone and very comfortable initiating contacts and cultivating relationships.
- Ability to travel regionally throughout Southern California and flexible schedule to work some evenings and weekends for events and meetings.
Strong planning, interpersonal, management, analytical, problem solving and budgeting skills.
High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps and Salesforce.
Ability to represent SOW in the highest manner and exemplify SOW’s values, integrity and ethics.
- Salary – $50,000 - $55,000 DOE plus benefits.
- Medical, dental, vision, 403b plan.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Flexibility – flexible working environment and telecommuting. Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Autonomy – this position will provide you with a lot of autonomy as you will be required to take charge of projects and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Professional Development – we believe in investing in our team and giving you the tools to succeed. Ongoing coaching, training and growth opportunities provided along with a professional development stipend each year.
- Consistent and fair leadership – we’ll share information, set clear goals, show you respect and treat everyone fairly.
- Culture – you will be a part of a passionate, mission-driven team where your ideas and feedback will be listened to and encouraged. You will have opportunities to be a part of team-based projects resulting in bringing change to the organization.
At School on Wheels, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to fulfill our mission of improving students lives through education.
To join this dedicated team, submit your cover letter and resume for consideration.
School on Wheels is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Event Planning Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Executive / Senior Management Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Los Angeles