- Experience Level
Finance & Operations Associate: Business Operations Division
Are you seeking a career where you can make a difference? If so, this unique opportunity for a Finance and Operations Associate at the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) may be perfect for you. We are seeking a highly motivated and extremely resourceful administrative accounting professional with exceptional eye to detail and meeting deadlines, and exceptional organizational and communication skills to provide support to our Business Operations Team. This position can provide you the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, getting the type of experience and exposure that goes well beyond a typical accounting position.
As the Finance and Operations Associate (working collaboratively with the Accounting Manager and the Vice President of Business Operations), you will perform a diverse array of support activities including:
- Updating check logs (daily) and monitoring cash flow activities (daily)
- Processing credit card, wire, and check receipts for donations, exhibit booth, LOAs and grants in MemberNation
- Accurately inputting new or modify existing member or vendor demographic information in MemberNation
- Maintaining the filing system of accounts receivable documents
- Generating manual invoices at the request of staff and vendors as defined by established department procedures
- Assisting with downloading and coding Wells Fargo credit card transactions monthly
- Reconciling cash receipts per bank, Client Line, and other third-party vendors
- Processing credit card refunds per staff or member request
- Processing invoices for payment through Anybill and Great Plains
- Preparing weekly check run through Anybill and export data into Great plains via Integration Manager
- Ensuring staff and vendors timely submission of invoices and expense reimbursement forms to Finance
- Reviewing and ensure accurate coding for all invoices before check run process
- Obtaining W-9 forms from new vendors and update Anybill and Great Plains with correct tax information
- Assisting in annual preparation of Form 1099 and Form 1042
- Maintaining the filing system of accounts payable documents
- Assisting with annual audit preparation
- Serving as the primary contact person for all Accounts Payable inquiries
- Performing month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities
- Reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts
- Maintaining general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries through AP module in Great Plains
- Performing monthly variance analysis
Operations and Customer Service
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Ordering office supplies
- Stocking office inventory and snacks
- Assisting with vendor deliveries
- Maintaining postage, AED, and copy machines
- Submitting work order requests to building
- Prepping offices/cubicles for incoming and exiting employees
- Facilitating daily operational duties as assigned
- Serving as a backup for Payroll processing
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor's degree and at least 3-5 years of full-time, post-college work experience, ideally as an assistant or associate.
If you are our ideal candidate, you are highly organized, high energy, and productive. You are exceptionally resourceful and organized -- with a fanatical attention to detail. You possess the ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise. You are well versed in email and phone etiquette and are proficient using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Great Plains, Accounts Payable Software such as Anybill, Financial Reporting Software such as Management Reporter, Payroll software such as ADP and Payroll Network, and Customer Relations Databases such as Sales Force/MemberNation and iMIS.
Most importantly, you are unfailingly enthusiastic and helpful with excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills, you possess a high level of professional maturity, and are eager to learn.
About Heart Rhythm Society
HRS represents more than 5,500 cardiac pacing and electrophysiology professionals in over 70 countries. We are an international leader in science, education and advocacy for cardiac arrhythmias professionals and patients. Our members and partners include clinicians, scientists, industry and government. We promote and advocate for the improved care of patients by supporting research, member education and the design and implementation of optimal health care policies and standards. Our dedicated staff have joined the Society to fulfill its mission of improving the care of patients by promoting research, education and optimal health care policies and standards.
We are proud to offer our employees competitive compensation and a generous benefits package including health insurance, flexible spending, life & disability insurance, transit benefits, a 403(b) retirement plan, paid-time off, flex time and telecommuting, professional development programs and volunteer opportunities. This position will be located at our state-of-the-art office space in the heart of Washington, DC. Learn more about us at http://www.hrsonline.org.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.