- Experience Level
Atlanta Jewish Music Festival (AJMF) is seeking an experienced, results-oriented Director to lead the nonprofit organization in its mission to grow Jewish community and celebrate our heritage through year-round live performance events and dynamic learning programs for the Southeast region. We foster a more vibrant world music community in Atlanta while connecting our diverse city to the global Jewish music renaissance.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
AJMF was created in 2009 to feature contemporary Jewish music in an effort to entertain and educate the general public on Jewish culture and unite Atlanta’s Jewish community through the power of music. Now, a 501c3 nonprofit organization, AJMF is a producer and promoter of 70+ diverse and engaging Jewish music experiences annually. This is highlighted through our multi-week Spring Festival. Entering our 10th season, AJMF seeks to foster relationships with artists and audiences alike, creating a greater interest in Jewish culture through music.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director will be thoroughly committed to the execution of the organization’s strategic mission and vision and will lead the organization to:
(1) Provide strategic planning, direction, and vision to realize organizational mission, deepen and expand impact and effectiveness.
(2) Develop, lead, and support an active and strong Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers to enhance creativity, coordination, and execution of the organization and programs.
(3) Cultivate robust philanthropic support exemplary of a thriving non-profit organization.
A detailed job description will be provided to qualified candidates preceding the first interview.
- Demonstrable experience in organizational leadership, program strategy, fund development, and financial management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: demonstrated ability to express information effectively in a clear and convincing manner
- Superb organizational and time management skills: demonstrated ability to efficiently and accurately juggle several responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships and interact effectively with staff, donors, prospects, board members, program beneficiaries, and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement change management strategies; experience working in organization during startup, merger, or expansion a plus
- Community minded and passionate about music and Jewish culture
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in nonprofit management, business administration, or related field preferred
- Minimum of three years experience in nonprofit management, business administration, Jewish communal work, performing arts/music management, or related field preferred; supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of Atlanta’s philanthropic community and Jewish community preferred
COMPENSATION, TIME, AND CLASSIFICATION:
- This position is full time
- Salary based on qualifications and experience
- Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining background, experience, and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position if filled.
- Please use subject line “AJMF Director Application”
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta