- Experience Level
LENA PARK CDC EXECUTIVE SEARCH
ABOUT LENA PARK CDC
The Board of Directors of Lena Park Community Development Corporation (Lena Park) seeks a dynamic and skilled Executive Director who will lead the organization to effectively achieve its mission and goals. Lena Park Access is a community-based organization founded in 1968 by community residents concerned with affordable housing needs and youth development. It has impacted thousands of children, youth, and families as a key service provider of quality affordable housing and effective human services. It has also steadily built a real estate portfolio consisting of six housing developments plus a three-year old state of the art Community Center; all valued at about $100 million.
ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Ideally seeking an individual who has in-depth experience in the “CDC world.” The Executive Director will create and drive strategies, and seize opportunities to take Lena Park to its next level of excellence. S/he will have full responsibility and authority for the management and coordination of the organization’s operations and finances, supervision of the staff and their activities, and implementation of Lena Park’s initiatives, plans and programs. Further, the Executive Director will be Lena Park’s primary representative to its constituents, the broader community and serve as the chief fundraiser, spokesperson, and advocate.
Minimum Qualifications (Partial):
· At least 10 years of progressive, senior-level relevant nonprofit, staff management and community center management experience, affordable housing experience, including at least five years leading, inspiring and managing a diverse staff.
· Should possess the combination of strategic thinker, entrepreneur and servant-leader qualities.
· Understanding of and successful experience in programs development and management, nonprofit accounting, governmental compliance requirements, and grants management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Bachelors’ degree required. Master’s in business, public administration or related field preferred.
· Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
This search is being conducted in behalf of Lena Park by Dan L. Gibbons, principal - Gibbons & Associates Consulting. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Please be advised: this posted job description is only an overview.
You must go to Lena Park’s website at http://lenaparkcdc.org/edsearch to see the full ED job description and to apply. Applications will be accepted until May 11, 2018. Electronic submissions are required.
The Lena Park Community Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will seek, and welcome, a diverse pool of candidates; candidates of color are highly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Boston
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Boston
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Boston
- Event Planning Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Boston
- Executive / Senior Management Youth Development $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Boston