- Experience Level
What we do at BeadforLife:
BeadforLife’s mission is to enable women to lift their families out of poverty by starting small businesses which provide sustainable income. We do this through the sale of handmade jewelry made of recycled paper and by providing financial support for entrepreneurial training programs.
BeadforLife promotes our work through heartfelt messaging and storytelling about the people we serve and seeks to educate and engage citizens about extreme poverty and to offer sales opportunities for them to take action to end it.
At the present time the current BeadforLife is splitting into two separate but connected organizations. BeadforLife will continue to promote sales of handmade products, and a new sister organization, Street Business School, will focus on entrepreneurial trainings in Africa and beyond.
Why you’ll feel good about working for BeadforLife:
- You’ll be challenged, you’ll be inspired, and you’ll be proud to see your spark igniting change around the world
- Your work will help one million women to lift their families out of poverty
- You’ll be surrounded and inspired by other employees with passion, commitment, and drive. We expect everyone to contribute to the organization and grow their skills, and we are committed to supporting staff members at every step along the way.
- Increasing women’s income not only reduces poverty it also spurs investment in children, creates greater self-esteem, increases bargaining power, and reduces domestic violence
- You’ll have full coverage benefits including health, dental, vision and life
About the Marketing Managing Director’s Job:
BeadforLife seeks a fulltime Marketing and Managing Director with exceptional marketing/sales skills to increase net revenue of our handmade jewelry and other products. S/he will have a strong background and proven track-record in bringing new ideas and energy to sales strategies. This is a “hands on” job working together with and managing a small existing team in Boulder, Colorado, which is a purposeful, no-drama, fun, and hard working group. The Director will work closely with Street Business School staff sharing space and some staff guiding BeadforLife through this transition. This position reports to a Board of Directors and will work closely with the Board chair to carry out governance responsibilities, track sales and revenues, and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Develop, plan, and implement (hands on) sales strategies in order to engage key markets and drive sales
- Work with the team to sustain and increase revenue opportunities and oversee marketing strategies
- Analyze data/trends and pricing strategies, prioritize, and deliver new marketing and communication strategies
- Ensure effective analysis of sales trends and performance in an effort to identify greater efficiencies and markets
- Develop marketing opportunities via social media, publicity/media outreach, customer engagement, collateral pieces, and other communication strategies
- Build relationships with influencers and leaders in the areas of Fair Trade, public relations, partner marketing, wholesale and events
Management and Finance:
- Manage BeadforLife finances, budget projections, cost controls, inventory, and administrative issues
- Monitor revenue & expenses, on a quarterly and monthly basis. Ensure that the organization stays within budget
- Coordinate with SBS the shared resources in IT, business, and communications and any operational issues as they arise
- Oversee and lead the work of the small team to maximize performance and employee engagement. Inspire, nurture, and support the BeadforLife staff, both in the Boulder and Uganda offices
- Create and manage annual budgets, quarterly reports and channel Efficiency Reports
- Work closely with the board to achieve the financial goal of steadily increasing net income from product sales to fund entrepreneurial training programs
- Work with the board including quarterly meetings and annual budget approval
- Maximize use of existing inventory by developing strategies primarily based on repurposing, repackaging, and complementing inventory on hand
- Oversee the storage, quality control, and movement of inventory on hand
- Oversee the fulfillment of products and customer care associated with product sales
- Work with the Boulder team to oversee the Uganda team to coordinate production, quality control, and shipping of inventory as needed
- Oversee staff for recruitment, management, and scheduling of volunteers
- Oversee staff to prudently address/fulfill product donation requests
- Oversee brand and messaging integrity of BFL. Determine the appropriate resources to allocate to all internal and external communications functions
- Oversee content development and visual representation supporting all sales
- Drive digital marketing including email marketing, strong social media, video, CPC ads, SEO, and on-line presence opportunities
- Oversee and improve website and web-store
- Create seamless customer experience to create loyalty and brand support
- Develop, direct, and analyze sales and retention strategies to maximize customer satisfaction and engagement
What you’ll need to do this job:
- At least 5 years of increasing responsibility in product marketing and organizational management
- At least 5 years of experience in product sales or sales strategies, with demonstrated success of increasing sales and engaging customers and partners based on knowledge of sales strategies
- Experience leading effective planning and implementation with a focus on both the multi-year goals and monthly work plans with clear benchmarks
- Excellent management skills and proven ability to oversee a team and create a fulfilling and dynamic work environment
- Experience in developing employee skills, conflict management, and creating teams with outstanding performers
- Knowledge of audience demographics and how to target and engage specific sectors with messages, products and outreach that excite and inspire
- Knowledge of and experience working in the Fair Trade/social enterprise sector is a plus
- Strong communications skills including ability to craft stories from the heart, strong digital design skills, social media expertise, website messaging, web development, and on-line presence
- Excellent skills in standard office technology required. Familiarity with Sales Force, MailChimp and InDesign is helpful
- Ability to manage with grace and humor in a fast-paced work environment is essential
- A “can-do” results oriented attitude is essential
Salary range is $60-65,000 depending on experience. Benefits include generous paid vacation, sick time and holidays, including organization-wide holiday closure, health-care, dental, and vision benefits and retirement savings plan.
Please shoot us an email letting us know where you heard about our job and how working for BeadforLife would be a dream come true for you. Please also send your resume (to show us how we’d be crazy not to talk to you) to Jobs@BeadforLife.org with “Marketing/Managing Director” in the subject line. While we love, love, love initiative on the job, no phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
More searches like this
- Executive / Senior Management International / Foreign Affairs $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Marketing / Communications International / Foreign Affairs $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Sales / Telemarketing International / Foreign Affairs $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Boulder