Chief Executive Officer
- Experience Level
Provides leadership for the organization to fulfill its mission. Assures that the mission, vision and values of the organization are primary influencers in setting strategic direction and follow through for the organization. Assures organizational growth and development as a quality provider of services for individuals and families with disabilities or special needs and as an important community resource.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Insures the organization provides high quality services through a defined strategic direction aligned to the mission of Easter Seals Southern Georgia, Inc. and meeting the needs of the community.
- Insures the organization has a mission, vision and values in place.
- Insures the programs and services of the organization evolve to meet community needs and Easterseals key initiatives.
- Defines the strategic business direction in annual plans, strategies, goals and budgets.
- Using a collaborative approach, involves Senior Management Team and other representatives of key influencers in determining direction.
- Insures that the organization’s management systems, infrastructure and organizational structure reinforce the effective delivery of the mission and advances the vision.
- Identifies new opportunities for program development.
Insures the organization has effective financial systems and processes in place.
- Has an effective office of finance and administration that promotes and ensures the organization’s financial stability.
- Have sufficient reserves and a diversified revenue base.
- Have processes to predict and monitor organizational growth and an established system to monitor the organization’s progress against the plan.
- Has a written plan and procedures for capital investments.
- Has adequate risk management and internal controls in place to protect the assets of the organization.
Insures the organization has an effective comprehensive fund raising and fund development program.
- Has processes to assure that a comprehensive fund raising and revenue development program is in place and evaluated on a regular basis.
- Insures work with donors, foundations and grant writing to increase diversified revenue by visiting prospects and stewardship of existing donors.
Insures the organization has sufficient human resources and organizational structure.
- Insures the organization is staffed with competent employees.
- Creates an environment for high performance, growth and learning.
- Has an effective human resource management practice in place.
- Provides for internal communication systems to align and support the organization.
- Assures organization structure which supports the culture and goals of the organization
Insures the organization has a strong and effective volunteer board.
- Actively participates in the recruitment, orientation and development of board members individually and collectively for the corporate board and 10 community board in the areas we serve.
- Coordinates committee meetings for specific areas of need and special projects.
- Keeps the board informed and facilitates sound decision-making process.
- Prepares meetings, agendas, logistics and minutes.
- Leads planning and projects executed by the volunteer boards.
- Insures adherence to ethical standards of conduct.
- Insures the board is actively involved in raising funds.
Insures the organization meets compliance, ethical, legal, and regulatory guidelines while meeting established outcomes and benchmarks.
- Understands non-profit status and all applicable legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Insures that service and program evaluation systems are in place.
- Insures services meet accreditation and licensing standards.
- Insures ethical conduct in business, marketing, service delivery, professional practice and human resources.
Insures effective leadership of the senior management team and continuously encourages and supports their personal leadership growth.
- Leads and coaches the senior management team.
- Supports the team’s collective development, encouraging teamwork and alignment of efforts.
- Conducts regular meetings with the senior management team to insure program directions and collaboration for organizational efficiency, needs and growth.
Insures that the mission, program and services are consistently presented with a strong, positive image to various stakeholders.
- Educates on issues related to children and adults with disabilities and their family needs.
- Develops legislative priorities and plans for annual advocacy and legislative activities.
- Influences system and regulatory change to better meet needs of people with disabilities or other special needs.
- Builds positive community relations to insure the image and brand of the organization.
- Plans and conducts annual awards event and organization’s annual report.
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- 10 years leadership experience and budget management in a similar human services organization that aligns an organization around a shared mission and vision.
- Success in strategic and financial planning and positioning the organization in the marketplace to achieve its goals.
- Possess a personal level of personal and business integrity and ethics.
- Passionate communicator and superb relationship builder.
- Experience in program oversight, development and management.
- Success in fundraising, revenue development and creating diversified revenue sources.
- Experience in working with non-profit boards.
Job Specifications (Characteristics to perform successfully):
- Exhibit a high standard of leadership and service for others to effectively manage relationships with donors, businesses, coworkers, employees, legislators, community officials, board members, volunteers, media outlets and other contacts.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and execute expectations through others.
- Ability to manage time effectively and exhibit extensive organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Possess careful attention to detail and accuracy to properly project the Brand and professional image of the organization.
- Extensive overnight travel requiring dependable transportation.
- Ability to speak publicly for various groups to advocate for ESSG mission, vision, values and clients.