- Experience Level
Events Manager Job Description
The Events Manager role is an opportunity to join TechBridge, a growing Atlanta-based national nonprofit organization. TechBridge’s mission is to break the cycle of generational poverty through the innovative use of technology to transform nonprofit and community impact.
The Events Manager is responsible for coordinating and executing cost-effective fundraising events in order to meet fundraising objectives of the organization. Principle roles and responsibilities include logistics management, revenue development, and volunteer leadership coordination. This person will be a critical member of the Development Department and work closely with geographically-diverse teams and outstanding volunteers to increase the reach and impact of the organization’s mission.
The Events Manager will organize, coordinate, implement and expand a variety of the nonprofit’s programs and development activities. These include the Digital Event Series, Tee IT Up golf tournament and Habitat for Humanity Tech House, which builds and strengthen links to potential and existing volunteers and donors and that grow revenue through corporate, individual, volunteer, and other community involvement.
- Develop and execute the logistics and fundraising for the annual Tee IT Up golf outing.
- Playing a lead role in TechBridge’s house build with Habitat for Humanity
- Support the development efforts for event sponsors and manage assigned key corporate partner relationships.
- Manage all logistics surrounding the Digital Event Series, including site identification, registration, event run of show and flow, guest presenters, live and silent auction, crowdfunding efforts and communication with the event management company.
- Maintain a firm accounting of event expense lines, adjust when necessary and control overall expenditures to stay within budgeted parameters.
- Help develop annual plans for assigned activities, including goals, objectives, and follow-up.
- Maintain a good understanding of the organization’s mission and focus areas.
- Develop relationships with constituents, referral partners or existing volunteer leaders in order to obtain an introduction to prospective constituents.
- Accurately sense when and how to follow up and to advance from initial call to the final decision.
- Identify, recruit and train qualified candidates for volunteer roles for all event committees within the designated area of responsibility. Manage fundraising volunteers for designated fundraising events.
- Work with volunteer committees to effectively manage the execution of all assigned fundraising events, including fundraising and logistics. Be the lead staff for data management, systems management, report generation, etc. for fundraising events and donors.
- Perform other related duties from time-to-time in order to ensure the attainment of market financial goals.
- Represent the organization with other professionals and volunteers both internally and externally. Contacts are critical to motivating, negotiation with, developing and collaborating with others.
- Leadership: Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to team members, develops workable plans, set expectations, monitor delegated activities and provide recognition for results.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicates, including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively.
- Analytical Skills: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully; solicit feedback and use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
- Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Lead challenging demands and unexpected events. Willing to change the approach to best fit the situation.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of fundraising experience or relevant business/volunteer experience.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative and an effective team player.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, such as coordination of people and resources,
planning, and resource allocation, as well as ability to develop presentations, reports, and business correspondence, manage files and records, and coordinate other office procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential business and donor confidentiality with discretion.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to independently communicate with stakeholders in the upmost professional demeanor. Active listening, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively handle multiple projects concurrently, establish priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Forward thinking, excellent customer service skills, ready to take the initiative on projects and duties.
- Goal oriented and self-driven to exceed deadlines and independently seek out areas of improvement and growth for Development department processes.
- Experience in managing large scale projects and/or events.
- Experience with computer systems, databases, and CRM platforms. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to travel locally required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of standing for long periods of time, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of up to 50 pounds.
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.