- Experience Level
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups and supporters to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Miami, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
This position works with the HR team to expand Earthjustice’s talent pool with a major focus on recruitment, sourcing and pipeline development for positions located in 14+ locations across the United States. The Recruiting Assistant works under the direction of the Recruitment Manager to enhance and promote Earthjustice’s recruitment efforts nationwide. This role will be the lead for job sourcing, pipeline development with a key goal of building pools of diverse candidates, and communicating with applicants. This is an opportunity to learn recruitment operations and build skills in strategic recruitment work. This position is full time and located at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA. This position could be hired as a Senior Recruiting Associate based on experience level.
- Source and post open positions on various sourcing outlets including diversity focused sources.
- Research new sourcing opportunities/job boards, and expand Earthjustice’s sourcing networks across the U.S.
- Primary lead on editing and posting new job openings to Earthjustice’s website.
- Assist in fielding questions from hiring managers regarding recruitment and onboarding.
- Manage all recruitment related e-mails and respond to applicants on a daily basis using the Earthjustice jobs e-mail inbox.
- Use the applicant tracking system, Jobvite, to add new job requisitions, monitor positions as well as review and edit candidate applications. Maintain and update the Jobvite system as needed.
- Create and send offer letters via Docusign.
- Generate promotion letters for internal staff.
- Coordinate and manage background check process for finalists and review background checks to ensure consistency.
- Coordinate conflicts check process with Litigation Operations team and coordinate conflicts checks with new hires.
- Assist with clerk hiring and sourcing for law clerks.
- Upload On Campus Interview (OCI) notes into Jobvite system after hiring managers attend on campus interviews.
- Create and send clerk offer letters.
- Assist with onboarding of regular staff, summer law clerks, interns and fellows in the online Sapling onboarding system.
- Assist with updating recruitment/benefits/open enrollment sections of intranet site Atlas.
- Perform general maintenance and management of the Sapling onboarding system and resolve issues as they arise. Keep documents updated within the Sapling system.
- Work with external search firms and temporary agencies to keep informed of key searches and assist with tracking searches and temporary hires.
- Provide support to updating job descriptions for all staff positions as needed.
- Create and assist with maintaining employee files. Assist with employee record keeping.
- Update Emergency Notification System.
HR General/Other (20%)
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations and conferences.
- Assist with bi-annual New Staff Orientations and logistics.
- Provide administrative support to the HR team as needed.
- Track HR recruitment expenses and reconcile monthly HR credit card invoices for Finance.
- Mail recruitment kits as needed.
- Other duties to include but not limited to: updating workplace posters, filing, copying, faxing, data entry, ordering supplies and mailing.
Diversity Equity & Inclusion (5%)
- Partner with VP Human Resources, VP of Diversity and Inclusion, and work group members to support and advance diversity and inclusion goals and actions, and celebrate people of all backgrounds with an open and inclusive work culture.
- Model inclusive behaviors and multicultural competency in interactions with all staff.
- Build pipelines of diverse candidates for the organization for various positions.
- Participate in committees as appropriate.
- Manage New Hire Buddy and Associate Attorney Mentor assignment and tracking.
- Complete employment verifications.
- Manage other projects as assigned.
- 0-2 years’ experience in Human Resources; with a focus on recruiting and/or sourcing.
- Experience in non-profit Human Resource department is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience sourcing and posting jobs to various job boards and networks.
- Experience in non-profit Human Resource department is a plus.
- Previous recruitment experience required.
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems or HRIS systems is desired.
- Experience with diversity initiatives desired.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with confidential information.
- Project management and operations experience a plus.
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills a must.
- Advanced skills in word processing, Power Point, Excel spreadsheet and database programs preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess flexibility to work as a team and also independently.
- Sense of humor desired.
- Ability to handle a diverse workload and multi-task as needed.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online via the Jobvite system. Incomplete applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Advocacy / Lobbying Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Human Resources / Recruiting Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in San Francisco