In-Home Evening and Weekend Care Team - Special Needs Care
- Experience Level
Jacob's Ladder School & Therapy Center is looking for strong, self-motivated individuals to join our In-Home Evening and Weekend Care Team. Applicants must possess a strong background and desire to work with special needs children diagnosed with developmental delays such as, Autism Spectrum Disorders, PDD, Learning Disabilities, Language Delays, Delays unique to specific syndromes, ADHD, and Behavior Disorders. Applicants must be able to provide nurturing care and structure while working closely with the child’s family and supervisors in an in-home setting during evening, overnight, and/or weekend shifts.
While all training is completed on-site, applicants must hold a Bachelor's Degree or have experience with serving in this field, must have a strong background in teaching and behavior intervention with special needs children, and must be able to lift children up to 50-100 pounds. Employees may be required to work with children who are wheelchair bound, demonstrate aggressive and/or non-compliant behaviors, and may be minimally verbal. Qualifications may include but are not limited to: assisting with daily self-care skills, working with challenging students in a calm and respectful manner, modeling appropriate social skills, and setting and maintaining professional boundaries.
Temporary, Part Time, and Full Time Positions are available. Come see and feel where HOPE resides.
- Work directly with special needs child to provide a loving and safe environment in the home
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the organization
- Assist in implementing activities to increase communication, self-help skills, social skills, motor skills, and education through a brain-based methodology
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the child's family and supervisors
- Openness to training and supervision to ensure competence of behavior and care plans
- Basic knowledge of child growth and development
- Find creative ways to keep clients motivated to learn
- Collect accurate data on child’s progress
Desired Job Qualifications:
- 1+ to 2 years of experience
- College degree
- CPR Training, First Aid Training, Early Childhood Educator, Special Education Credentials
To apply, email Aubry Wuttke, Human Resources Coordinator, at AubryW@jacobsladderschool.net