Director of Development
- Experience Level
Odyssey is an educational non-profit organization partnering with the Atlanta Public Schools to serve students in grades 1-12 from economically disadvantaged communities. Odyssey’s academic enrichment program focuses on students with unmet potential, preparing them for high school graduation and supporting them on their path to college. Our 6-week summer program (5-weeks for Odyssey High) is held on the campus of The Westminster Schools. The 375+ students selected to attend Odyssey are enrolled at schools in the Atlanta Public School system and will be in grades 1 through 12 in the school year following the Odyssey summer. All expenses to attend Odyssey – from transportation to and from The Westminster Schools, to school supplies, to breakfast and lunch – are provided through the generosity of our donors and supporters. Odyssey strives to create an engaging educational environment that gives students the ability to excel in the upcoming school year and beyond, and to find value and excitement in classroom learning.
Odyssey is seeking a dynamic development professional that will join our team to help make an audacious vision for our Atlanta area youth come true. We are seeking to maintain and expand our special events, build upon our multi-year giving program, increase our corporate support and continue to grow our donor base. The Director will partner closely with the Executive Director, trustees and ad hoc special events committees.
Grant Management (40% of revenue goal)
- Write all grant and report communications
- Maintain government grant and reimbursement program application and reporting
- Maintain foundation and corporate foundation files and communication
- Research and cultivate new grant funding opportunities
Special Events (17% of revenue goal)
- Coordinate all aspects of major special events including an annual brunch gala, fall party and 5K run
- Coordinate all aspects of minor special events including patron party, major gifts cocktail parties and donor tours
- Coordinate and execute communication plan for events with ad hoc volunteer committees
- Coordinate event logistics
Annual Fund and Major Gifts (17% of revenue goal)
- Manage annual appeals (Board, Advisory Council, Individuals)
- Stewardship of donors: tours, volunteer opportunities
- Manage pledges and reporting where needed
- Create and maintain donor collateral and communications including an annual report, special donor program brochures and collateral for major special events
Administration and Financial Reporting
- Revenue and pipeline analysis and reporting on a monthly basis
- Strategic planning on campaigns
- Donor database and pipeline report maintenance and analysis
- Donor acknowledgment, tax receipt, and professional communication
- Development & ad hoc committee planning and execution
- 5-years professional development experience with leadership responsibility for annual revenue $1,000,000-$2,000,000
- Experience fundraising from corporations, foundations and major individual gifts
- Proven track record managing large special events with 500+ guest lists.
- Exceptional grant writing and verbal communication skills with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with CRM: Blackbaud, Etapestry preferred
To Apply: Please submit a current resume, and a cover letter detailing relevant experience including salary requirements to Jeff Cohen, Executive Director, Odyssey Atlanta, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.