- Experience Level
The Arabia Mountain Heritage Area Alliance (The Alliance) is seeking a highly qualified candidate to fill a newly created part-time position. The Office Manager is a unique opportunity to work with a National Heritage Area. The candidate is expected to provide project, special event, office and site support as well as proactively create systems (technical and manual) to aid in the efficient operations of the organization.
The Alliance is a non-profit 501(c)3 with a long history of community engagement. We work to preserve, protect and promote the historic, cultural and natural resources of the Congressionally- designated National Heritage Area and includes portions of DeKalb, Rockdale and Henry Counties. The National Heritage Area program is affiliated with the National Park Service.
The Office Manager reports directly to the Executive Director of The Alliance and works closely with the staff, board and partner organizations of the Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area. The position is currently based in Stonecrest, GA at the Vaughters Farm, part of Panola Mountain State Park.
The ideal candidate is a:
- Dynamic personality & self-starter who can build relationships with the public, partner organizations and volunteers and who will serve as the public face of the AMNHA.
- Detail-oriented multi-tasker who can juggle multiple projects and maintain focus through frequent interruptions.
- Efficient and effective communicator who can express ideas clearly and creatively in both writing and conversation.
- Technology champion who can use digital tools and databases to help an organization run efficiently. Must be comfortable learning new systems and searching out new solutions.
- Creative thinker who can assist in event planning, venue management, database entry, and communications.
- Flexible personality with both time and energy, understanding that as a public and community-orientated organization, many events and obligations may occur on evenings, weekends, or on holidays. Work days and hours may change frequently.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and technical support to 3-person staff & board of directors.
- Arrange for meeting space, organize calendars and coordinate committees, take minutes and other general meeting or facility coordination.
- Participate in promotional opportunities (i.e. “tabling”, community outreach) at other venues, festivals, or special events as needed.
- Help orient visitors to the area by answering questions via email, phone or walk-in.
- Assist staff with special projects and deadlines.
- Create and implement systems to effectively manage workflow.
- Compose letters and emails on behalf of ED or staff, review speeches or newsletters, compile PPTs and edit documents.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate should possess:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience and a bachelor’s or associates degree from an accredited university or workplace equivalent.
- A degree, experience or interest in environmental or natural sciences, history, landscapes or architecture is preferred.
- Experience with non-profits, on either a paid or volunteer basis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, knowledge of desktop editing software, understanding of Wordpress or other content-management systems.
- Applicants may be subject to a background check. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Compensation: Hourly rate (average 25 hours / week) commensurate with experience and skills, opportunity for annual merit bonuses, Simple IRA match, and fabulous work environment.
Application process: Submit cover letter, resume and three writing samples in a single PDF file format to Mera Cardenas, Executive Director, Arabia Mountain Heritage Area Alliance at email@example.com. Writing samples may include letters, newsletter/blog articles or general correspondence. Links to digital assets such as websites or social media accounts may be included if the applicant was primarily responsible for both the content. Selected applicants will be contacted to participate in the interview process.