Development Manager, Bike & Walk MS (NAT2811)
- Experience Level
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward. We partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. Staff members engage volunteers through effective and timely communications, facilitating meaningful opportunities, and continually seeking and providing feedback for reciprocal growth and learning.
The National MS Society is seeking a high-energy, goal-driven, experienced fundraiser to join our Development team as a Manager, Bike & Walk MS.
The Development Manager, Bike & Walk MS will support the Bike MS: Waves to Wine ride in the San Francisco area and two Walk events to ensure the successful implementation of this event to reach fundraising goals. The Manager will cultivate positive relationships with participants, teams, volunteer committees, and corporate and community supporters. This position is responsible for relationship building and revenue growth through active management of a teams and top fundraiser portfolio.
The Development Manager acts as an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and donors with the mission. This position collaborates across departments to foster participant engagement, exceed participant and donor expectations with the Society and drive fundraising and participation. Strong relationship building skills, a positive, can-do attitude and a commitment to working as a team are essential for success in this role.
This position oversees revenue in the Northern California market and reports to the Director, Bike MS. In addition, this position supports the fundraising, recruitment, and cultivation strategies for other local events including Walk MS and will work closely with the logistics team assigned to the territory.
Implement campaign strategies to retain, grow and recruit participants for assigned events and achieve fundraising success
- Collaborating with Development leadership this position executes operational plans that focus on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, etc.
- Manages and cultivates relationships with teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, & volunteers
- Increases participant and corporate partner engagement resulting in growth in registrations and fundraising revenue.
- Coaches, develops and supervises a market staff responsible for executing the operational plan (when applicable)
- Ensure direct reports develop themselves professionally by providing opportunities for growth based on individual and organizational goals
- Collaborating with team members, ensure all participants have a positive event experience
- Regularly monitor the performance of fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, to recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones and to maximize retention.
- Leverage mission related resource to engage participants during the year
- Steward top fundraisers and team captains year-round with mission focus and gratitude.
- Other duties as assigned
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Cultivates volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
- Collaborates with key staff to maximize engagement and results of committees to increase outreach, acquisition and awareness
- Encourage volunteer involvement on the part of teams and participant's connections to enhance the efforts and expand team/participant engagement with the Society.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferabley in Non-profit management, PR, Communications, Marketing and/or Business background preferred but not required depending on experience.
- 7 + years in fundraising and/or events will be accepted in lieu of degree
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Previous non-profit experience preferred
- Ability to analyze metrics and adjust market plans based on the data and results.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and build strong relationship.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Competency to work with multiple data systems and tools
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website:
National MS Society
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Health / Medical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in San Francisco