Learning and Career Center Manager
- Experience Level
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Direct and manage the educational curriculum in the Shepherd’s Gate Programs. This includes assessing the educational needs of the residents and researching current curriculum and resources.
- Act as the liaison to the community for extra-curricular activities and events for the residential program on and off campus.
- Coordinate evening and weekend programs with outside partners to provide positive community support for the residents (i.e. recovery meetings, Bible studies, support groups, etc.).
- Ability to assess and develop individual learning plans as women learn at their own pace to master skills in writing, math, reading, comprehension, GED preparation and computer literacy.
- Ensure residents are equipped with life and career skills, which includes how to make and keep a budget, write a resume, interview for a job and utilizing online job searching resources.
- Attend weekly program meetings to provide feedback on resident participation and growth in the classes.
- Provide oversight and guidance in the computer lab for resident use.
- Interview, train, coordinate and maintain volunteer relationships for all Program volunteers in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong ability in establishing cooperative and collaborative relationships while maintaining healthy personal boundaries.
- Proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Office, especially spreadsheets, database and reporting tools.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to demonstrate a committed Christian faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social service or education field is preferred. Related work experience may be considered as a substitute for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Have a working familiarity with issues and obstacles faced by people in crisis and/or homeless situations with life-controlling problems.
Sounds like somewhere you would like to work?
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full job description and more information visit our website www.shepherdsgate.org
1660 Portola Ave.
Livermore, CA 94551