Community Development Manager
- Degree Level
ABOUT THE PARKINSON’S FOUNDATION:
Parkinson’s Foundation is a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit that is working toward a world without Parkinson's disease. The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
ABOUT MOVING DAY:
Parkinson’s Foundation Moving Day is more than just a walk. It highlights movement and exercise as symbols of hope and progress because of their essential role in treating Parkinson’s disease. Each event features our unique Movement Pavilion, with stations such as yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, dance and much more. Whether you take part on a team or join as an individual, you’ll get a chance to move with thousands of supporters who share a common goal–to help beat Parkinson’s.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Development Manager who will be responsible for planning and successfully executing a Moving Day events in the North Carolina Triangle area for the Parkinson’s community.
The position encompasses three main areas of focus and responsibility - Recruitment & Fundraising, Community Engagement, and Logistics.
Recruitment & Fundraising - 80%
- Achieve fundraising and recruitment goals for the Walks
- Research and secure local corporate sponsorships
- Develop Walk Committees to help with planning and execution of events. Oversee committee, delegate tasks and motivate them to succeed
- Proactively leverage local contacts and knowledge of local resources to identify Walk participants and develop tactics to make the public aware of this event
- Work diligently, using in-person, phone and email contact to obtain and convert leads to participants
- Conduct meetings and presentations to various groups, including corporate employee groups, civic groups, churches, colleges and universities, etc. for the purpose of recruiting participants and to assist participants with fundraising
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition communications for participation and donations related to Moving Day
- Prepare routine reports to share with leadership through analysis of event metrics
- Work closely with National Signature Events team providing frequent status updates
Community Engagement - 10%
- Provide leadership, vision and support to volunteers, volunteer committees, and corporate partners
- Serve as local representative for Parkinson’s Foundation, acting as spokesperson when necessary and appropriate
- Maintain relationships with existing Parkinson’s Foundation partners and allied team professionals (corporate, medical, individual)
- Seek out and build new relationships to grow Parkinson’s Foundation’s community of supporters
Logistics - 10%
- Scout and secure event venue, including all necessary permits
- Plan Walk route, event site layout, and all necessary elements of successful events and positive participant experience
- Onsite management of all event-day activities
- Manage Moving Day walk budget by tracking all income and expenses, and making projection adjustments as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of experience in management of special events fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization
- Proven experience with peer-to-peer fundraising
- Ability to close face-to-face sales and sponsorships
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to participants as well as business and social leaders
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills
- Proven and significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Convio preferred
- Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to work a variety of hours including days, nights, and weekends
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Community Development Manager - NCT” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.