Executive Adminitrative Assistant to Senior VP
- Experience Level
The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for handling a wide range of managerial, administrative & executive support related tasks. The manager works independently with little or no supervision and demonstrates a high level of commitment to the organizations overall mission & vision.
The Executive Administrative is exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting the Senior Vice President.
- Manage and maintain executive schedules, including scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments.
- Answering and directing calls to appropriate executives and parties, taking messages.
- Greeting visitors and determining access to appropriate parties.
- Overseeing administrative policies within an organization and within the office; recommending changes as appropriate.
- Opening, sorting, and distributing correspondence, including email, faxes, and snail mail.
- Reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance; routing to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
- Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Maintain inventory and office supplies. Anticipate office needs; evaluate new office products; place and often expedite orders when necessary.
- Ensure operation of office equipment, order maintenance when necessary. Troubleshoot malfunction of office equipment.
- Data analysis; Proficient in Access, MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Perform filtering and sorting of data, V-lookup and other functions.
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
- Prepare checks for signature and review.
- Provide clerical and general office support to other offices. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to other staff members when appropriate.
- Prepare and develop a records management system; maintain and recommend changes to records system when appropriate.
- Interact with customers when appropriate and problem solve.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience supporting an executive office suite.
- Shorthand or note taking/dictation skills
- Advance computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Normal well-lit confidential office environment where there is little to no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like. May be required to meet with staff throughout the facility and in remote offices.