- Willingness to Travel
- Not willing to travel
The Richmond Promise is an independent 501(c )3 nonprofit charitable foundation. Launched in January 2016, the Richmond Promise is a community-wide college scholarship fund and college success initiative to build a college graduating culture in Richmond, CA. The Richmond Promise scholarship is made possible by a 10-year, $35 million seed investment from the Chevron Corporation’s Environmental and Community Investment Agreement with the City of Richmond.
We see a day when all children in Richmond have access to high quality education, excel from high school to higher education, attain a postsecondary degree or certification, thrive in the field of their choice, and become a leader of positive change in their community and the world. Explore richmondpromise.org to learn more about our work.
The newly created position of Development Manager will play a key role in helping us advance our mission and keep our promise to future generations of Richmond students. You will guide the development of the Richmond Promise fundraising strategy, build our donor base, and drive the fundraising programs to meet contributed revenue goals. You will help us achieve our fundraising goal to grow the scholarship fund and build an endowment. We will help you grow your career.
We believe our students are absolutely awesome, and the ideal candidate for this role will think so too. We are looking for a strategic, mid-career fundraising professional with experience in creating and executing a successful development strategy who would like to grow with the organization. We’d love to work with a creative thinker with an eye for detail, someone who gets excited about our mission, and a leader who enjoys working independently and as part of a team. You will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with staff and community partners.
Fundraising Strategy & Annual Giving
- In partnership with the Executive Director, create and implement a multi-year fundraising strategy;
- Develop and implement an annual giving program in year one, and scale up in subsequent years;
- Develop strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding current and prospective donors; execute programs to engage and motivate donors’ support of Richmond Promise through personal approaches and visits, appeals and campaigns, and special events as required;
- Build relationships with individuals, foundations, and corporations to develop funding prospects from philanthropic sources;
- Lead efforts to steward donor relationships. Create a donor-centric stewardship plan;
- Develop an annual events strategy, focused primarily on individual donor cultivation;
- Oversee corporate fundraising data tracking and prospect research;
- Lead foundation fundraising and grantwriting efforts;
- Create and manage gift processing and the acknowledgment process;
- Oversee reconciliation of gift data with Accounting.
- Provide overall strategic direction for Salesforce and integrated database programs like Click & Pledge, Eventbrite, etc.;
- Support the database needs related to Advancement, Marketing and Communications, and Program Departments.
- Demonstrated experience and success in developing and implementing a fundraising strategy and annual giving campaign from the ground up;
- Creative and innovative; a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment
- Love for fundraising—both from individuals and institutions;
- Enjoy people and the concept of creating donor communities;
- Competency with CRM databases: can draw conclusions and make recommendations on strategic use of Salesforce, and can customize and create reports and dashboards;
- People management, and project management skills;
- Strong writing skills and ability to inspire donors;
- Basic knowledge of issues in education, particularly college/post-secondary access and success;
- Passionate about equity in education and a desire to create pathways for students to access and attain a post-secondary degree;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; InDesign; Adobe Suite a plus.
Professional office space in Richmond Civic Center less than a 15-minute walk from Richmond BART.
Email search consultant Jessica Blair, at jessica (at) jessicablairconsulting (dot) com, with "Development Manager - (YOUR NAME)" in the subject line. Please include a resume, cover letter, and three professional references. (We won't call them unless you are a finalist.)