Fund Development Associate
- Experience Level
Job Title: Fund Development Associate
Department: Fund Development
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Classification: Full time--Non -Exempt
Benefits: Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401K Plan, Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
KidWorks, a well-respected community development organization located in central Santa Ana, restores at-risk neighborhoods one life at a time and serves over 1,000 children, youth, and parents every week through preschool, after-school tutoring and enrichment, leadership development, and community engagement and advocacy. To learn more, please visit http://www.kidworksoc.org.
The Fund Development Associate is responsible for administrative, fundraising and event support. The Fund Development Associate will provide skilled support to all fundraising objectives including individual, corporate and foundation solicitations and special events. This position will manage the donor database, Bloomerang, and function as the primary administrator for the database, as well as managing all donor gift entries and stewardship of all gifts.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage Donor Database: • Enter gifts, pledges and notes into donation database & produce and distribute approved solicitation and acknowledgement letters • Run queries and produce reports and mailing lists as requested by staff, including follow up on event or quarterly pledge reminders• Work with Accounting to maintain systems to ensure reconciliation between fund development and accounting data. • Work continuously in the system to ensure the database is kept clean of duplicates, incorrect or incomplete information.
- Strategic Donor Communications: Work with the marketing and development staff to define and implement a strategic donor communications plan, produce queries related to donor segmentation groups, for internal, external and targeted communication efforts, including: newsletters, annual reports, appeals, event invitations, online or mobile giving campaigns, etc.
- Event & Administrative Support: • Support Development team with event sponsorship tracking, guest list tracking, invoice/payment process, check requests, etc. • Support event sponsor recognition and major donor recognition process • Provide miscellaneous event support such as gift in-kind tracking and solicitation, event supply inventory and event set-up and preparation.
- Individual Relations: Provide development staff support for donor visits, including donor/marketing materials • Host tours / attend check presentations, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 1 -2 years in nonprofit services or related administrative/event planning position(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong planning, organization, time management, communications, and multi-tasking skills
- Interest, understanding, and commitment to KidWorks’ mission, goals, and programs
- Capacity to work easily, effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of people
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Computer skills: Proficiency in MS Office applications is required
- Donor database experience a plus
- Must have reliable automobile for use on the job (mileage to be reimbursed). Valid CA driver license. State required automobile insurance coverage.
To apply for this position send an email to HR@kidworksoc.org and include a cover letter and resume. Please write Fund Development Associate in the subject line. Both attachments must be received; incomplete applications will not be considered. Please forward electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Only principal, qualified candidates will receive a response