Financial Aid Assistant
- Experience Level
Position Description: Assists in administering students in the Federal Title IV programs. Answers the telephone and does filing and typing. Counsels students concerning their aid.
Major Job-related Duties and Function:
- Under the direction of the Director of Financial Aid, advises and assists students with the federal financial aid application process.
- Notifies applicants of awards
- provides support for the financial aid office.
- Advises students both individually and collectively regarding eligibility and responsibilities, program requirements, alternative resources and budgeting.
- Provides financial aid services and information to students, technical analysis, award package and award notification for federal financial aid programs,
- monitors student's academic progress.
- Verifies individual financial aid student files for accuracy; determines and reviews appropriate documents needed for financial aid student files. Maintains budget records for financial aid
- assists in determining needed supplies and equipment for financial aid programs and orders and receives supplies and equipment ordered. Provides a variety of support duties for financial aid
- helps to compile statistical data for various financial aid program reports.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of files for financial aid students.
- Provides entrance and exit counseling to loan applicants, and performs related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma. Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing federal financial aid programs with 6 months experience.
- Basic administrative and general clerical techniques.
- A minimum of one year's experience in student financial aid at an institution of higher education. Associate degree a plus.
Salary range: $13-14 dollars..