- Experience Level
Lutheran Social Services of Northern California is a Non-Profit agency providing services in supportive housing and money management.
Provide money management services for chronically homeless adults with special needs.
Provide direction supervision and overall coordination for Money Management program.
- Maintain a strength-based perspective.
- Provide diverse services to diverse people.
- Treat others with respect and courtesy, striving for open and honest working relationships.
- Maintain high ethical standards when dealing with others.
- Ability to work as part of team in a cooperative environment that is both client centered andsupportive of staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable and legal accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Master’s Preferred.3-5 years experience in social service and program administration. Experience in working with supportive housing preferred.
- Knowledge of, and experience in working with the human service delivery system and ability to relate to diverse agencies.
- Experience with, and sensitivity for, chronically homeless adults with special needs.
- Sensitive to community issues and human needs particularly in San Francisco
- Knowledge of government benefit programs i.e. Social Security, Veterans Benefits, CAAP
- Demonstrate good analytical skills and computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as: Excel, Word and Outlook as well as a general understanding of Microsoft Access and other standard database applications.
- Ability to generate reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to develop constructive relationships with staff of local social service and health agencies and Community Based Organizations
- Ability to facilitate the development of the program through community and agency resources.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and skill in program development, administrative procedure, supervision, crisis intervention.
- Experience recruiting, training and supervising staff.
- Willingness to travel to locations outside of San Francisco for staff meetings and outside trainings for job performance enhancement.
- Demonstrate good judgment and common sense.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude or limit the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for this classification.
- Overall coordination of Money Management Program, which serves both homeless individuals and residents of supportive housing sites.
- Construct program budget and monitor monthly invoicing.
- Assign duties and coordinate activities of Case Workers and support staff in providing services to clients.
- Supervise program staff in accordance with LSS policies and applicable laws (interviewing, hiring, training, and reviewing.)
- Provide for staff meetings, field instruction, and necessary evaluation and review activities to promote effective program development, implementation and operation.Provide opportunities for professional growth for staff.
- Oversee referral mechanism with other service providers.
- Responsible for both meeting and reporting on contract objectives.
- Represent LSS to community, donors and other service providers.
- Monitor Case Worker’s compliance with program rules and requirements on behalf of clients.
- Relate to benefit workers, property managers, and other service providers on behalf of program.
- Outreach and marketing of program to related agencies and service providers.
- Coordinate, educate, and provide dispute mediation with clients and their other service providers.
- Provide effective coordination between LSS and the programs’ collaborators in order to ensure effective program functioning.
- Lutheran Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Veterans / Public Benefit $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Direct Service / Social Service Veterans / Public Benefit $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Veterans / Public Benefit $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Social Work / Counseling Veterans / Public Benefit $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco