- Experience Level
The Georgia Statewide Afterschool Network (GSAN) seeks a Policy Associate to support the organization’s policy and advocacy initiatives. The Policy Associate will conduct research, coordinate and facilitate meetings, and produce materials to support GSAN’s school age childcare and summer learning advocacy efforts.
The Organization: The Georgia Statewide Afterschool Network (GSAN) is a public-private collaborative dedicated to advancing, connecting and supporting quality afterschool programs to promote the success of children and youth throughout Georgia. GSAN’s mission includes providing access to professional development, best practices, and enrichment for current programs, engaging families, communities, businesses, and local and state leaders while educating them on the positive impacts of afterschool programing, and supporting the development of policy priorities and advocacy strategies at the local and state level.
Since 2013, Voices for Georgia's Children (Voices) has served as GSAN’s fiscal sponsor and home. Voices develops policy recommendations, educates and engages the community, organizes advocates, and educates agency staff and elected officials to achieve change. Visit www.georgiavoices.org and www.afterschoolga.org for more information.
Responsibilities of the Policy Associate
- Conduct research and analyze data to inform GSAN’s advocacy and content related to school age child care and summer learning.
- Coordinate and facilitate statewide focus groups on school age child care licensing regulations and quality.
- Coordinate and support GSAN’s Summer Opportunities Workgroup meetings and Summer Learning Day events.
- Attend and participate in meetings, events, and hearings and report findings to the team.
- Produce content (e.g., fact sheets, promotional material, reports, presentations) as needed.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who brings creativity and vision to the task and takes initiative in seeking information from state agencies, nonprofit partners, and state and national associations. Candidate should possess the following:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Minimum of one year of graduate school completed, or comparable experience.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, using flowcharts, spreadsheets, timelines, etc. that can be shared with partners and senior staff
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to research and analyze data
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to professionally represent the organization to external stakeholders
- Strong team player with collaborative and flexible work style
- Values working in a small organization and maximizing their resources and talents for the team
DESIRABLE PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS AND EXPERIENCES
- Children’s issues, particularly youth development and education
- Specific experience promoting educational quality
- Public administration, including knowledge of Georgia state agencies
Compensation: This is a full time, grant-funded position. The position is currently funded through December 31, 2019, with opportunities for extension contingent on organizational funding. Salary range is $33,000-$40,000 depending on education and experience. The organization provides benefits including health insurance, dental and vision care, life and disability insurance, and vacation leave and holiday schedules.
Application: To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with “Policy Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive. Deadline for applications is March 2, 2018, if position is not filled by then. The candidate should be available to start no later than mid-March.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Atlanta
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Atlanta
- Public Policy / Administration Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Atlanta