Development Operations Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Operations Coordinator performs a wide variety of donor stewardship and administrative responsibilities. This job is responsible for assisting the development team in the implementation of the BBBSMA fundraising strategy, by coordinating, executing and managing ongoing donor engagement activities, including database and events management, as well as the production of donor communications and solicitations. This position provides administrative support to the VP of Development and serves as the liaison with the finance department.
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Passion for the mission of BBBSMA
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities, and to do so in collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Strong writing skills
- Experience working with fundraising databases (Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce preferred)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member
- High degree of integrity, initiative, and resilience
- Oversees processing of donor gifts, including analysis and acknowledging gifts
- Manages donor recognition initiatives
- Assists VP of Development by scheduling donor/cultivation meetings; coordinates internal and external site visits.
- Prepares donor information packets, ensuring that materials are updated appropriately
- Works with external consultant to ensure the quality of database
- Creates accurate mailing lists and reports from fundraising database
- Works with the finance department on an ongoing basis to reconcile records; assists with financial reporting, creates invoices and provides materials for audits
- Coordinate database move from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce
- Supports fundraising and donor cultivation events
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum two years of non-profit development or management experience, background in accounting or administrative experience that includes event planning and/or sales
- Strong written and oral communications skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and development databases (Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce preferred)
- Strong initiative and desire to advance fundraising skills and career
- Valid driver’s license necessary
- May be required to occasionally work nights and weekends as needed
ABOUT BBBSMA: As the largest one-to-one mentoring organization in the Southeast, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta (BBBSMA) currently serves nearly 1800 youth in one-to-one relationships. Our service to our community extends beyond the city of Atlanta to the 12-county metropolitan area surrounding the city: Butts, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding and Rockdale. Our staff of approximately 40 employees supports our city’s children and their families through friendships that are formed with caring adult volunteers.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta
1382 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309
For more information about BBBSMA please visit http://bbbsatl.org
Nondiscrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBSMA is highly committed to the principal of equal opportunity in employment.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Youth Development $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta