Sr. Lead Instructor / Volunteer Coordinator
- Degree Level
POSITION TITLE: Senior Lead Instructor (IELCE)/Instructional Volunteer Coordinator
CATEGORY: Direct Service
PROGRAM ASSIGNMENT: Family Stabilization Program
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Supervisory, Exempt
JOB CODE: Scale Grade
Catholic Charities Atlanta Family Stabilization Program is looking to hire a full time (including benefits) Senior Lead Instructor / Volunteer Coordinator. This position is grant funded and applicant will be eligible for other CCA positions if they become available after the grant funding has ended.
The position assists the Manager of Adult Education Services to maintain accurate, thorough and up to date case records on all clients, collects and maintain accurate documentation of volunteer hours and student program attendance, lesson plans, and student progress, oversight and support to the Adult Education Team including supervision of staff, grant compliance, program outreach, partnership development and strategic growth for the department. Must be able to work nights.
General: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required. Work with multicultural populations; bilingual in a relevant language preferred and TESOL Certificate preferred.
Specific: Direct experience in providing English literacy or related classes for adults required. Experience with recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers needed. Master’s Degree preferred. Ability to use both Microsoft Office and online data entry preferred; knowledge of GALIS and BEST Plus and Literacy a plus.
The general responsibilities of this position include the responsibilities shared by all employees of Catholic Charities Atlanta (separate document)
- Assist with the development and implementation of IELCE (Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education) and Citizenship Classes, according to the stipulation of Agency policies and procedures, funding source regulations, and accepted “best practices”.
- Attend all grant and agency required trainings and pertinent workshops, as well as Adult Education staff meetings. Conduct and interpret approved BEST assessments for all TCSG-funded students after 60 hours of instruction, in order to meet funding source timing guidelines and regulations.
- Assist Adult Education Services Manager to maintain accurate, thorough and up to date case records on all clients, in accordance with Agency/Program policies and procedures and funder regulations. This includes GALIS (online) data input of demographic information, goals, testing results, enrollment, attendance and conference notes for TCSG students.
- As it applies to assigned classes, collect and maintain accurate documentation of volunteer hours and student program attendance, lesson plans, and student progress, as directed by immediate supervisor, QI process and funding source. Produce all necessary reports in a timely and professional manner.
- Consistently meet identified benchmarks and outcomes as prescribed by immediate supervisor and funding source(s).
- Under the direction of the Adult Education Services Manager, provide direct supervision for any Instructors and volunteers for your assigned classes/sites. Assist with the planning and provision of quarterly meetings/trainings with volunteers to ensure compliance with program policies and procedures and use of accepted “best practices” in the field.
- Work with manager of Adult Education Services and CCA Volunteer Resources Manager to plan and provide the instructional information pertinent to our program during New Volunteer Orientations, prior to starting their commitment.
- Develop knowledge of grant possibilities and compliance requirements for grants awarded for IELCE and other literacy-related funding opportunities.
- Assist Manager of Adult Education Services in administration of Adult Education Services’ program.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Senior Lead Instructor (IELCE)/Instructional Volunteer Coordinator provides direct supervision to all instructors, volunteers and interns as assigned..
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Senior Lead Instructor reports directly to the Adult Education Services Manager.
COMMENTS: The work week is generally 37.5 hours per week year-round, however the position requires a willingness and flexibility in work hours when necessary to fulfill job responsibilities Employee is subject to Personnel Policies and procedures prescribed for all personnel. Must have valid Georgia driver’s license, reliable personal transportation and current auto coverage.
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require other tasks be performed when circumstances arise (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, rush job, technological developments, etc.)
Email a resume and cover letter with “Lead Instructor ” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org