7 days left
- Experience Level
Job Title: Development Assistant – Full Time
Reports To: Development Director & Executive Director
Under the direct supervision of the Development Director this position provides administrative support for the development team and organization as a whole in all fundraising activities including donor and public relations, appeals and special events. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Create periodic fundraising/database reports & continually update & correct database records.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of campaign/year-end appeal letters.
- Track/file tax credit donations in the database and send appropriate documentation to process credits to donors.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising activities.
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Ellis School Board of Directors Fundraising Committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
- Prepare/assemble/maintain all marketing materials (packets, direct mail campaigns, collaterals, photo library, etc.) for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, emailing). Distribute content to media outlets, donors, vendors and/or others in the community.
- Assemble & distribute media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- General Marketing research – identify events/conferences/possible marketing platforms.
- Draft electronic newsletters & social media postings with content/images in coordination with Development Director, while following prescribed Annual Communication Plan.
- Coordinate/integrate communications/campaigns with web designer/programmer and/or graphic designer.
- Ability to prepare basic flyers, Powerpoint presentations & handouts.
- Volunteer management/liaison – including volunteer recruitment, matching, resource identification & maintaining volunteer engagement/appreciation.
- Grant support – maintain documents to support grant writing process (lead by Development Director) including research, obtaining data/testimonials, photos/videos, as needed.
- 3rd Party Fundraising events – research, planning & marketing responsibilities for smaller events.
- Involved in off-site fundraising activities for the organization, including the planning, oversight, and implementation of logistics related to special events (including auction events), promotional activities and/or fundraisers. Some activities may occur after regular school hours.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and/or the Executive Director.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Experience: Minimum of three years of combined Administrative experience required, preferably in a not-for-profit development office.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent Organizational skills, Time Management skills & ability to prioritize work.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to plan, schedule & execute multiple projects with long range and short range overlapping milestones.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Basic knowledge of computers (PC & Mac), phones, copiers, scanners, credit card readers, digital camera/video recorders, filing cabinets, etc.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word/Publisher, Excel & Power Point and online software tools (Google Drive, Gmail, email, Dropbox, mail merge) required.
- Ability to learn and manage databases quickly w/ minimal oversight – Proficient use of Database management experience (Neon CRM) preferred.
- Basic knowledge of supplementary online tools (Survey Monkey, Google Docs, MailChimp/Constant Contact, Website editing software, Social Media, etc.) preferred.
- Shows interest in developing additional knowledge & skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions, established policies & procedures, designated lines of communication & authority.
- Demonstrates frustration tolerance, emotional maturity, stability & ability to perform under stress.
- Shows ability to exercise good judgment, professionalism, cooperation, tact & discretion in dealing with the Donors, Vendors & others.
- Office & Classroom environment
- Community based events
- Flexibility to work some evening & weekend hours for events & programs
- Ability to lift and carry file boxes and/or office equipment.
- May require stooping, crouching, and/or sitting on the floor