Program Coordinator – Sunset
- Experience Level
The SF-Marin Food Bank’s mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. This year, we will distribute 49 million pounds of food – enough for more than 100,000 meals each day. We partner with more than 450 organizations – including 250 neighborhood pantries – to distribute food to low-income residents of San Francisco and Marin Counties.
The Food Bank is a mission-oriented, challenging, and friendly place to work. Our success relies on the people who work for our organization. If you would like to be a part of building a community where no one suffers from hunger, please consider joining our team of talented and dedicated individuals. For more information about our organization, please visit www.sfmfoodbank.org.
About the position: Join a collaborative team of motivated individuals designing and supporting food programs throughout San Francisco and Marin counties. We work with human service and faith-based organizations to bridge the gap between millions of dollars of donated foods and thousands of families and individuals struggling to make ends meet in two of the counties with the highest costs of living in the world. This position is a full-time, non-exempt position. Candidates should have experience working with community-based organizations and low-income communities in San Francisco, particularly in the Sunset, OceanView/Merced/Ingleside and Potrero Hill areas. Bilingual Cantonese, Russian, Tagalog, or Vietnamese preferred. Position requires ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including periodic evening and weekend hours.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide support to member agencies in assigned neighborhoods to improve/expand/sustain food distribution programs and optimize utilization of Food Bank services.
- Perform outreach in neighborhoods to identify, recruit and train community-based organizations to establish food programs.
- Inform, monitor and follow up with partner agencies to ensure compliance with Food Bank policies.
- Conduct periodic trainings with partner agencies and their staff, both paid and volunteer.
- Promote the well-being of individuals seeking food assistance and adherence to confidentiality guidelines.
- Respect for the inherent dignity and worth of individuals seeking assistance while treating each person in a caring and respectful manner.
- Administer Food Bank program policies, procedures, information collection, reporting and evaluations.
- Communicate program information with agency representatives and Food Bank staff.
- Coordinate program logistics.
- Assist with proposals, implementation and reporting for government contracts and private grants.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience working in social services and/or community organizing, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff, volunteers and participants) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort presenting in front of large groups.
- Experience and skill in conflict resolution, de-escalation techniques and having difficult conversations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, demonstrate professional ethics and diplomacy at all times.
- Knowledge of low-income populations in San Francisco and/or Marin, service providers and faith-based organizations preferred.
- Understanding of hunger and food issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual Cantonese, Russian, Tagalog, or Vietnamese preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with databases and data on multiple programs.
- Valid driver’s license required, access to vehicle preferred.
Benefits: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and employer-paid retirement plan. Generous holiday and vacation schedule.
About Us: We’re a team of more than 140 dedicated, inspired people working together to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. We’re serious about the mission, and also committed to building a terrific place to work. We thrive in an environment that fosters collaboration, leadership, excellence, accountability and respect. If you would like to be a part of building a community where nutritious food is available to all, please consider joining us. For more information about the SF-Marin Food Bank visit www.sfmfoodbank.org
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use "PC - Sunset, your name" in the subject line.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.People of Color, LGBTQI, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to arrest and conviction records.
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Social Work / Counseling Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco