Program Associate- PES (Bi-lingual Cantonese)
- Degree Level
Program Associate - PES (Pantry Enrollment System)
The SF - Marin Food Bank’s mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. This year, we will distribute 48 million pounds of food – enough for more than 100,000 meals each day. We partner with more than 450 organizations – including 260 neighborhood pantries – to distribute food to low-income residents of San Francisco and Marin counties. Each week, more than 144,000 people are served by our programs.
The Food Bank is a mission-oriented, challenging and friendly place to work. We’re a team of more than 140 dedicated, inspired people working together to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. If you would like to be a part of building a community where no one suffers from hunger, please consider joining our team of talented and dedicated professionals. For more information about our organization, please visit www.sfmfoodbank.org.
BE OUR NEXT PES PROGRAM ASSOCIATE!
Join a collaborative team of motivated individuals designing, supporting and expanding food programs throughout San Francisco and Marin counties. This position is a full-time, non-exempt position working with the Pantry Enrollment System (PES) team. PES is centered on a customer database and program processes designed to facilitate the fair and equitable distribution of food at public food pantries throughout San Francisco and Marin Counties. Fluency in written and verbal Cantonese is required for this position.
- Participant Enrollment
- Help enroll households in food pantries, provide customer service (over the phone and in person) and effectively manage paper and electronic participant records.
- Monitor compliance with enrollment protocols, following up with participants and partner agency representatives, as necessary.
- Help develop and maintain effective participant and agency record keeping systems.
- Provide administrative and clerical support, as needed.
- Respond to questions, complaints, and concerns of participants in a timely and professional manner.
- Other Program Support
- Problem solve and provide customer service for partner agency representatives, as needed.
- Support internal and external reporting and surveys.
- Coordinate occasional mass mailings.
- Provide programmatic and customer service support to programs staff and agencies as needed, including occasional off-site responsibilities.
- Lead trainings and presentations to pantry coordinators and volunteers.
- Other Related Duties, as Assigned.
- College graduate or equivalency preferred.
- One or more years of experience in non-profit or social services sector working directly with clients, and/or community engagement work is a plus.
- Fluency in written and verbal Cantonese required.
- Sensitivity to the needs of economically and educationally disadvantaged individuals. Ability to maintain client confidentiality. Experience working with clients facing multiple barriers to receiving services is a plus.
- Proven record of accuracy in completing, tracking, and reviewing data.
- Dependable and able to accommodate occasional evening or weekend work when needed.
- Ability to work and interact with individuals (staff, volunteers and clients) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds, in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Interest in hunger or food issues.
- Valid driver’s license (access to vehicle strongly preferred).
- Physical Demands: Ability to stand and talk to people waiting for food distributions outdoors; Ability to perform clerical and computer work temporarily in a variety of settings and physical arrangements; Ability to carry up to 20 pounds of materials.
SALARY: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: We provide excellent medical, dental, vision, generous 403B retirement plan, FSA, life insurance, competitive salary, vacation, sick and holiday leave, career development, celebrations and activities.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com; Use “PES Program Associate, your name” as the subject line.
The SF-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive for a workforce as diverse as the community we serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to arrest and conviction records.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Direct Service / Social Service Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Social Work / Counseling Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco