- Experience Level
The SF - Marin Food Bank’s mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. We are seeking a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in our San Francisco office who is responsible for creating a professional and welcoming environment for all staff, guests and volunteers that have contact with the SF-Marin Food Bank. She/he will also provide administrative support to various departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent customer service by cordially greeting staff, guests and volunteers as they approach the reception area, address guests by name whenever possible, and acknowledge departures.
- Answer phone calls on a multi-line Cisco phone system; respond to inquiries, concerns, suggestions, and complaints in a friendly, polite and professional manner; transfer calls and direct inquiries, concerns, etc. to appropriate department or individual within the organization.
- Maintain the neatness and security of the lobby, mail and office services area; lock/unlock lobby doors at beginning and end of shift; close security gate at the end of the business day.
- Distribute incoming faxes to appropriate parties; distribute and coordinate package pick-ups.
- Provide administrative support, including preparation of organizational binders, mailings, file preparation, special projects, etc. Order office and kitchen supplies; keep office supply cabinets stocked and organized.
- Maintain and update front desk procedural binder, Food Bank Org chart and phone list.
- Accept food and financial donations at front desk and process accordingly
- Work in conjunction with the Sr. Office & Facilities Coordinator to maintain and help staff with all front office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm (one hour unpaid lunch). Reliable attendance is essential.
- High school (or equivalent) required, with a minimum of one-year of professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and organizational skills.
- Outstanding phone and customer service skills that incorporate a cooperative and friendly attitude.
- Computer experience using MS Word and Excel, Outlook, and Internet is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work and interact well with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and manage workload in accordance to specific job description requirements and multi-departmental needs.
- Bi-lingual Spanish or Cantonese a plus.
SALARY RANGE: $16-$17/hour depending on experience
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, retirement plan with employer contribution, career development, events, generous holiday and vacation schedule.
ABOUT US: The SF-Marin Food Bank's mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin. This year, we will distribute 48 million pounds of food - enough for more than 107,000 meals each day. We partner with more than 450 organizations - including 240 neighborhood pantries to distribute food to low-income residents of San Francisco and Marin counties. Each week, more than 144,000 people are served by our programs.
This is a mission-oriented, challenging and friendly place to work. Our success relies on the people who work for our organization. We thrive in an environment that fosters collaboration, leadership, excellence, accountability and respect. If you would like to be a part of building a community where no one suffers from hunger, please consider joining our team of talented and dedicated individuals. For more information about our organization, please visit www.sfmfoodbank.org.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org ; include Receptionist, your name in the subject line;
The SF-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive for a workforce as diverse as the community we serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to arrest and conviction records.