Job Developer for Refugee Employment Program
- Experience Level
Friends of Refugees is seeking a Job Developer for its career services center. This full-time position will support our Refugee Career Hub’s Director by coordinating critical employment services for refugee and international clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience with business development and employment services, from pre-placement screening, recruiting, and resume/document preparation to post-placement performance evaluations, job coaching, and database management.
The Job Developer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage pre-placement services for weekly, incoming clients
- Educate clients in membership and job search processes
- Direct career coaching activities by scheduling appointments with clients
- Assist clients in filing out online and paper applications
- Drive job development
- Research potential employers and job possibilities
- Market and establish relationships with businesses to secure new job openings
- Act as main point of contact for existing employer partners
- Connect clients to appropriate job opportunities
- Prepare clients for interviews
- Accompany clients to in-person job interviews, drug tests, and employment orientations
- Cultivate post-placement relationships with clients
- Follow up with phone calls, email, or text
- Coordinate transportation and rideshare opportunities
- Provide performance/dismissal evaluations, remediation, and career coaching
- Process address change requests and update emergency contact information
- Maintain accurate administrative records
- Prepare weekly and quarterly reports detailing demographic data on clients and job placement services provided at the center
- Manage internal job database and resume files
- Track, organize, illustrate, and share job placements via external communication channels
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years of employment services sales and account management experience; proven success in prospecting, consistent communication, and moving opportunities through the development process to secure partnerships and meet quotas on a regular basis.
- Proven ability to effectively network with others, build and manage client relationships, and influence key decision-makers.
- Ability to analyze data and market research, using findings to inform strategy.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Comfort with learning and using software applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, resilient, disciplined, and goal-oriented.
- Ability to anticipate problems and solve challenges both individually and collaboratively.
Since many of our clients speak English as a second language, this position requires demonstrated sensitivity to working in multicultural contexts. Experience working with refugees and internationals preferred. In addition to strong administrative and interpersonal skills, the ideal applicant will have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Fluency in French, Arabic, Amharic, Nepali or Hindi languages are preferred.
A valid drivers’ license is required. Candidate must be available to travel around greater Atlanta by personal automobile as specifically required for job interviews and other employment-related events. Familiarity with the Atlanta-based labor market in various sectors and human resource management including recruiting, selection, onboarding and evaluation processes, forms including I-9, W4, G-4, 8850, GMPs, background checks, and similar documents is preferred. Prior experience using client databases is a plus, as careful data entry is critical to tracking the center’s numerous client and employer profiles.