Development & Finance Associate
- Experience Level
This is a fast-paced, high responsibility position to provide accounting and data entry support for both the Development and Finance Departments. This is a hybrid position in that the Associate will devote 50% of his/her time to providing data entry and data maintenance related to donor information for the Development Department. The other 50% of the Associate’s time will be spent providing basic accounting functions for the Finance Department.
The successful candidate will have sufficient work experience to be comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing landscape of priorities and responsibilities and be able to work independently and on a variety of teams. Excellent administrative and clerical skills are required, including a strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines are required. The successful candidate will also possess a proactive work style that anticipates the needs of his/her supervisors and will be expected to learn technical and specialized rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and activities related to the assigned duties. We are willing to train the right candidate that has at least two years of accounting and/or fundraising experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development Department (50% of time): Ensure that revenue is accurately and consistently entered into the Salesforce fundraising database, which includes:
- Data entry of individual gifts and foundation grants
- Producing reports of varying degrees of complexity
- Tracking event registrations and payments
- Digital and real-world filing of paperwork
- Contribution reconciliations with accounting to ensure fundraising and financial records align
- Assist with planning for, and executing, a future database conversion/upgrades, as needed
- Utilize database consultants and other resources to maximize effectiveness of database for fundraising efforts
- Finance Department (50% of time):
- Assist in the monthly and annual financial close process, including but not limited to journal entries, expense allocations, accruals, bank reconciliation, and prepaid amortizations
- Manage accounts receivable and payable process, including preparation and processing of vendor invoices, review of invoices coding and authorization, and posting and distributing checks
- Financial file maintenance and record keeping
Participate in organization-wide planning, development, and communication activities as needed and to ensure adherence to Advancement Project goals and policies within the project area.
Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
- Sincere and demonstrated commitment to advancing social and/or racial justice progress for the highest-need communities.
- Associate’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties may be considered.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in accounting with thorough understanding of A/P, A/R, and G/L. Experience in nonprofit accounting a plus.
- Applicants with data entry experience using fundraising database software, such as Salesforce, are preferred.
- High computer proficiency and comfort a must. Experience working with MS Office and its Word, Excel and Outlook functions. Knowledge of QuickBooks is required. Knowledge of Salesforce, or other fundraising databases, is preferred.
- Ability to ensure that records in QuickBooks and Salesforce are in alignment.
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands.
- Creative problem solving skills with the ability to work thoroughly and accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment and spirit of cooperation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Occasionally must be able to move office supplies and equipment weighing up to 15 pounds across the office.
Competitive compensation depending on experience. Includes full health, dental and retirement benefits.
To Apply: No calls
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources, Finance and Administration
1910 West Sunset Blvd. Suite 500
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Civil Rights / Advocacy Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Administrative / Clerical Civil Rights / Advocacy Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Development / Fundraising Civil Rights / Advocacy Full Time jobs in Los Angeles
- Technology / Data Management Civil Rights / Advocacy Full Time jobs in Los Angeles