- Degree Level
- Some college
The Executive Assistant works independently to provide complex, comprehensive and sometimes confidential administrative support to executive leadership. Performs comprehensive duties specific to the executive’s functional area. This position is located in Oakland, California.
- Maintains executive’s calendar of activities and events and synchronizes with master calendars as needed.
- Prepares Executive for meetings with materials and background information
- Maintains records to ensure all deadlines are met and customer inquiries are responded to in timely and professional manner.
- Routinely schedules appointments and other events, making necessary arrangements and notifying all participants in a timely manner.
- Coordinates internal and external meetings and may provide meeting support such as agenda and materials preparation.
- Answers the telephone promptly, responds to inquiries and requests for information, provides assistance or directs calls to the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Makes travel arrangements, creates itineraries and prepares and processes expense reports.
- Reads and responds to all incoming correspondence; reviews all correspondence, expense reports and other documentation prepared for executive’s signature to ensure accuracy and appropriateness; and effectively composes routine communications.
- Creates and maintains functional and confidential filing systems (electronic and hard copy).
- In the absence of leadership, exercises initiative and judgment in responding to customer concerns (both internal and external) or, if unable to assist, promptly refers to the appropriate party or department and follows up to ensure problem resolution.
- Assists and supports special projects as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum Experience:
- Seven to 10 years administrative support experience at an executive level.
- Experience simultaneously supporting additional department members.
About The California Endowment The California Endowment, a private, statewide health foundation, was established in 1996 to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, The Endowment has regional offices in Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno and San Diego, with program staff working throughout the state. The Endowment challenges the conventional wisdom that medical settings and individual choices are solely responsible for people's health. The Endowment believes that health happens in neighborhoods, schools, and with prevention. For more information, visit The Endowment’s Web site at www.calendow.org
Please access and complete our online application at: http://cyberrecruiter.calendow.org/cyberrecruitercareers and include a cover letter.