Capital Campaign Manager for Expansion Effort
- Experience Level
Located on the campus of Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center, JW House provides a warm, comfortable “home away from home” for caregivers and families facing medical crises. Families and individuals from all area hospitals are welcomed into the JW House family for rest and self-care during the day or overnight while their loved one is in the hospital. Visit us at jwhouse.org.
Overview JW House is about to embark on a campaign to open a second House on the El Camino Campus. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Capital Campaign Manager will support JW House Executive Director, campaign committee, consultants, and Board members in their work on the capital campaign.
· Overall campaign management and organization including pipelines, prospect tracking, strategy, task assignment and maintenance of timelines; Researching and identifying prospects;
· Scheduling meetings, preparing talking points, assembling presentations, and full meeting prep for, Board members, campaign volunteers and JW House staff;
· Overseeing acknowledgement of all campaign gifts and pledges and preparation of pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements;
· Writing all campaign correspondence including solicitation proposals, meeting requests, and meeting follow up; Maintaining master campaign calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep campaign committee on track;
· Organizing and monitoring volunteer assignments and follow-up, and assisting in all aspects of volunteer-led events; Ensure the success of the campaign and keep the campaign on schedule and progressing with a high level of visibility and momentum that engenders a sense of excitement, optimism and confidence in achieving the campaign goal.
Major Donor Work
• Conduct prospect identification and research: He/She conducts prospect research to identify prospective donors and to gather information about people both new prospects and current donors. Work with Board, campaign leaders and staff to coordinate solicitation of gift. Manage a personal portfolio of prospective and current donors that can support the campaign.
• Assist the Executive Director and other campaign leaders in keeping the momentum for arranging meetings with donors. He/she makes suggestions about possible meetings/engagement opportunities and encourages the leaders to be proactive in reaching out to donors.
• Handle meeting responsibilities include making lunch reservations, coordinating schedules with a staff person for a tour of the grounds, sending a confirming email or note the day before the meeting, sending any necessary information to the donor before the meeting.
• Write and track grants to help support the campaign
• Prepare materials needed for major donor meetings
• Follow up from major donor meetings: He/She makes sure the donor is thanked appropriately and receives the materials or follow up action promised at the meeting. He/she makes sure that records of the meeting are updated and filed and that follow up actions are noted so they can be acted on in the future.
• Plan and execute small campaign related events.
Gift Acknowledgment and Tracking
• Ensure that every campaign gift and pledge is managed seamlessly so that the donor is officially thanked within 48 hours of receiving the gift and thanked again by other members of the campaign team.
• Make sure that each gift is credited appropriately in the accounting system, noting any on-going pledge payments and reminders.
• Update the campaign reports and has current campaign reports easily accessible.
• Maintain an updated list of naming opportunities.
• Coordinate with the other development staff to make sure that the all contact with campaign donors is coordinated so as not to conflict with the gala committee or the annual fund, or other operating fundraising and volunteer efforts.
Communications and Public Relations Planning
• Assist in developing and executing, with the Campaign leadership and staff, a public relations/communications plan to keep the campaign in the public’s eye and to maintain its momentum.
· JW House seeks a seasoned, responsible, focused individual, with outstanding organizational skills and high level of accuracy. Experience in and knowledge of fundraising, specifically major gifts or capital campaigns, is required.
· Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must have a high level of computer literacy, including experience using online databases and other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, and prospective donors.
· Bachelor’s degree is required. Three to five years fundraising experience relevant to the responsibilities.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Human Services $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Event Planning Human Services $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Health / Medical Human Services $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Marketing / Communications Human Services $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose