SSVF Case Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
Action Ministries, Inc.
Job Purpose: To support the needs of AMI’s permanent housing program. This position works with the Director of Case Management to conduct case management and provide access to supportive services for veterans and their families experiencing homelessness.
Salary Level: $38,000.00
Task % of Time
Provide high quality case management for veterans and their families to include assessments, goal setting and the Individual Service Plan (ISP) development, services and resource linkage and ongoing counseling and monitoring. -60%
Track case management activities and client outcomes to ensure client success in meeting the established documented goals in the ISP. Working with clients to recalibrate ISPs as necessary. - 20%
Prepare and maintain case management records, documentation, and up-to-date files of clients; provide statistical information for reports. -10%
Foster inter-agency collaborative solutions to ensure clients’ needs are met in a comprehensive manner. -10%
Position Title: Veteran’s Program Case Manager
Program Locations Defined: Hall, Athens, Barrow, Gwinnett, Dekalb, Fulton (in other areas as needed)
Reports to: Director of Housing Services
Position Mission: To support the needs of AMI’s permanent housing program. This position works with the Director of Case Management to conduct case management and provide access to supportive services for veterans’ and their families experiencing homelessness.
Evaluator: Chief Program Officer
Action Ministries Mission: Action Ministries mobilizes communities to address the challenges of poverty by focusing on hunger relief, housing and education.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to work effectively from home and travel to a multi-county region to conduct outreach for homeless veterans and veterans who are at risk of homelessness within Action Ministries service region.
- Conducts and coordinates outreach activities within designated service area to Veterans Affairs (VA), public agencies, VA offices, Veteran organizations, and community based organizations to receive referrals and outreach to potential program participants
- Contribute to ongoing quality improvement of the Action Ministries Housing Program.
- Perform case management activity for the Supportive Services for Veterans (SSVF) Program and Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG).
- Coordinate, prepare and maintain required charting and documentation in a timely and thorough manner, including weekly Pathways input.
- Adhere to all client confidentiality requirements and standards.
- Develops new and expands existing collaborations who other services to Veterans to ensure increased access to SSVF program.
- Document all outreach services in SSVF Outreach database in compliance with agency standards.
- Participates and assists with outreach events
- Participate in ongoing individual supervision, team meetings, and trainings
- Performs other duties related to the program as defined by Program Management
- Coordinate with local resources to identify available, affordable units.
- Work with other SSVF team members to reach monthly goals for veteran enrollment into the program.
- Coordinate appropriate linkages to available mainstream services and VA benefits.
- Maintain accurate records
- Ensure that appropriate services are located for participants that will enable them to maintain housing beyond their time in the program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with representatives in other agencies to support individuals attaining services such as additional mental health care, psychiatric medication, medical resources, financial assistance, legal advocacy, etc.
- Participate in daily debrief sessions, weekly supervision, department, agency wide and other meetings, training and development opportunities as determined appropriate by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Action Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.