CAPITAL CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR
- Experience Level
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR
Reporting to the CEO the Capital Campaign Director plays a key role in supporting the Capital Campaign Committee in securing substantial financial gifts to achieve campaign goals. This individual, working with the Board, Campaign Co-Chairs, and Campaign Consultants (Coxe Curry) creates and manages the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of capital campaign. This position works closely with key organizational leaders, board members, volunteers, and campaign consultants to develop major proposals for individuals, organizations, and corporations. This individual will play a significant role in developing strategies for and ensuring the success of the overall campaign fund-raising program.
After successful completion of the Capital Campaign, the incumbent will assume the position of Major Gifts Officer and be responsible for developing strategic goals and processes for growing the donor pool and managing all aspects of the SVdP Georgia major gifts efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Expected to consume75% of Time)
- Develops and implements strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of capital campaign.
- Works with campaign consultants and organizational leaders, board members, and campaign committee members to implement successful capital campaign strategies, activities, marketing, and events.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with stakeholders including board members, to secure their help in the cultivation and solicitation of contribution proposals. Identifies and cultivates additional constituents to support the process.
- Works closely with staff to plan targeted outreach activities aimed at increasing the donor pool and cultivating the stewarding existing prospects.
- Coordinates campaign and development events with the Special Events Coordinator and staff.
- Coordinates the activities of the campaign committee, campaign volunteers, and others as they relate to campaign planning and implementation.
- Maintaining database of campaign donor prospects, contributions, and stewardship.
- Organizes and maintains thorough, accurate and secure computer reporting of campaign and development activities, donations, and pledge records.
- Provides strategies, briefing materials, and other written documents for the CEO, Board Chair, Campaign Chair, Development Committee Chair, and others.
- Produces reports and metrics on a regular basis documenting the status of capital campaign and major gifts program.
- Performs research on planned giving donors and prospective donors and assists with setting meetings and calls with appropriate organization leadership, staff, board members, and volunteers.
- Tracks and records all capital campaign, and major gift prospect activities in the Raiser’s Edge database system.
- Establishes annual goals for identifying new individual prospects.
- Assists in the development of donor giving levels and recognition of donors.
Other ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Expected to consume 25% of Time)
- Establishes initiatives and manages the development and growth of the planned giving program.
- Be familiar with and conversant with major types of planned giving instruments as well as knowledgeable of current trends and available resources in the planned giving field.
- Prepares correspondence to donors and prospective donors about making planned gifts, including acceptable documentation to confirm intention to include SVdP Georgia in estate planning.
- Produces reports and metrics on a regular basis documenting the status of the planned giving program.
- Performs research on planned giving donors and prospective donors and assists with setting meetings and calls with appropriate organizational leadership, board members, and volunteers.
- Makes cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship visits to planned giving prospects.
- Supports activities and special events such as the Annual Gala, Breakfast, Golf Tournament, and others,
- Understanding of St. Vincent de Paul Georgia's mission and capability to project that mission and the value of SVdP to prospective donors.
- Bachelor degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years fundraising experience preferred with demonstrated successful campaign director experience, as well as major gift solicitation experience.
- Preferred planned giving expertise and training.
- Preferred experience in nonprofit human services space.
- Possesses a thorough understanding and appreciation of the principles of Catholic Social Teaching and its relationship to the mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Demonstrated social skills and poise. Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Strong organizational skills with facility for managing many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines, and to meet frequent deadlines. Ability to work with others in a leadership and/or team member position to accomplish established goals and activities.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly.
- Willingness to be a team player.
- High energy level essential.
- Ability to work with a positive attitude and to encourage others to work positively to accomplish goals and missions.
- A demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes that may occur.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Social Media skills preferred. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge required.
- Considerable knowledge of fundraising concepts, techniques, and practices.
- CFRE or ACFRE certification a big plus.
Knowledge of Job: Has a thorough knowledge of methods, practices, and trends associated with development strategies. Is able to effectively communicate and interact with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors, prospects, clients, partners, the general public, and any other persons or groups involved in the activities of the organization. Is able to assemble information and make written reports and documents in a concise, clear and effective manner. Is able to use independent judgment and work with little direct supervision as situations warrant. Has the mathematical ability to handle required calculations. Has knowledge and is proficient with computers. Is able to read, understand, and interpret marketing, financial, and computer reports and related materials. Must be self-motivated, results-oriented individual who can work independently, without the need for day to day supervision. Must also be able to follow instructions from supervisor. Must be a team player and have experience and capability of leading volunteers and staff to accomplish successful fundraising events/campaigns. Must possess excellent written communication and public speaking skills and have the ability to adapt to diverse work environments with diverse audiences.
Quality of Work: Maintains high standards of accuracy in exercising duties and responsibilities. Exercises immediate remedial action to correct any quality deficiencies that occur in areas of responsibility.
Quantity of Work: Maintains effective and efficient output of all duties and responsibilities as described under "Specific Duties and Responsibilities."
Dependability: Assumes responsibility for doing assigned work and meeting deadlines. Completes assigned work on or before deadlines in accordance with directives, established policy, standards, and prescribed procedures. Accepts accountability for meeting assigned responsibilities in the technical, human, and conceptual areas.
Attendance: Attends work regularly and adheres to established policies and procedures regarding absences and tardiness. Provides adequate notice to higher management with respect to vacation time and time-off requests.
Initiative and Enthusiasm: Maintains an enthusiastic, self-reliant, and self-starting approach to meet job responsibilities and accountabilities. Strives to anticipate work to be done and initiates proper and acceptable direction for completion of work with a minimum of supervision and instruction.
Judgment: Exercises analytical judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies problems or situations as they occur and specifies decision objectives. Identifies or assists in identifying alter native solutions to problems or situations. Implements decisions in accordance with prescribed and effective policies and procedures and with a minimum of errors. Seeks expert or experienced advice and researches problems, situations, and alternatives before exercising judgment.
Cooperation: Accepts supervisory instruction and direction and strives to meet the goals and objectives of same. Questions such instruction and direction when clarification of results or consequences are justified, i.e., poor communications, variance with established policy or procedures, etc. Offers suggestions and recommendations to encourage and improve cooperation between all staff persons and departments.
Relationships with Others: Shares knowledge with supervisors and staff. Contributes to maintaining high morale among all employees. Develops and maintains cooperative and courteous relationships with all co-workers, volunteers, board members, donors, clients, representatives from organizations, and the general public so as to maintain good will toward the organization and project a positive image. Tactfully and effectively handles requests, suggestions, and complaints from others in order to maintain good will. Interacts effectively with others.
Coordination of Work: Plans and organizes daily work routine. Establishes priorities for the completion of work in accordance with sound time-management methodology. Communicates frequently with CEO. Avoids duplication of effort. Estimates expected time of completion of elements of work and establishes a personal schedule accordingly. Attends meetings, planning sessions, and discussions on time. Implements work activity in accordance with priorities and estimated schedules. Maintains a calendar of meetings, deadlines, and events. Works using available resources and manages all resources within budget and deadlines.
Acknowledgements: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.