Office Manager and Communications Coordinator
- Experience Level
VIRGINIA HIGHLAND CHURCH
OFFICE MANAGER and COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
OVERVIEW: This position is responsible for managing the operations of the church, including general administration, property management and communications.
- This is a 30 hour a week position, flexible schedule is possible.
- Position attends an average of three meetings a month and occasional weekend hours.
REPORTING TO: Senior Minister
DIRECT REPORTS: Building Manager and janitor service.
- Supervise maintenance and janitorial employees;
- Maintain relationships with vendors and seek new contracts as needed;
- Respond to property issues with Building Manager;
- Respond to inquiries about space for long-term lease;
- Respond to tenants’ questions, issues, requests to use additional space, etc.
- Oversee lease agreements and rent collection from tenants and identify new tenants as needed;
- Design and oversee leases with those who rent space in our building; receive rent checks;
- Respond to inquiries for other building space uses;
General Church Administration
- Welcome and assist vendors, tenants and visitors;
- Bookkeeping/financial procedures as assigned by Treasurer;
- Perform background checks, review job applications and references, and provide orientation and training as required for new hires;
- Maintain church google calendar(s); paying attention to weddings and non-church events;
- Schedule offering counters;
- Maintain all office supplies;
- Enter attendance and offering data into Breeze database;
- Answer church landline and respond to voice mail messages;
- Attend twice monthly staff meeting (currently 1st and 3rd Wednesday, 1:00 pm)
- Admin support for senior minister as needed;
- Ensure church operations are compliant with all relevant local, state and federal laws
- Attend weekly worship team meeting (currently Tuesdays at 1:30pm)
- Organize Powerpoint (or Prezi) presentations with input from worship team;
- Create and publish Friday e-mail via Constant Contact;
- Create, print and fold Sunday Bulletin and Announcement sheet.
- Personable and friendly;
- Comfort working in an inclusive, diverse, LGBTQ affirming culture;
- Highly organized;
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to see a project through from initiation to evaluation;
- Problem solving skills, ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Basic knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping;
- Skilled in managing people;
- Discreet, confidential, and professional in manner;
- Strong organizational and execution skills; able to manage changing priorities efficiently and seamlessly;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Powerpoint, Prezi, Database.
- Background in office management and nonprofit administration, faith community preferred;
- Facility management, including negotiating contracts and managing vendors
- Volunteer management;
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about us at www.vhchurch.org.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Administrative / Clerical Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Facilities / Equipment Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Marketing / Communications Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta