Extended Day Program Coordinator – Preschool Programming
- Degree Level
Atlanta Speech School
Extended Day Program Coordinator – Preschool Programming
Start Date: August 2018
The Atlanta Speech School has evolved over its 78 years into the nation’s most comprehensive center for language and literacy – earning a rising national reputation as the educational equivalent of a teaching hospital. The School attracts a staff of the most gifted and committed teaching professionals who apply the research of the nation’s leading brain development and educational experts to achieve transformational language and literacy outcomes for children through its four school divisions, five clinical programs, and Rollins Center for Language & Literacy (“Rollins Center”) professional development program. The School has never turned away a child in need of services based on his or her family’s financial circumstances. All of the School’s efforts are interrelated and intentional, creating a circle of impact that is continually refined and strengthened across all programs. Our mission is to help each person develop his or her full potential through language and literacy. Please visit our website for further information: www.atlantaspeechschool.org.
The Atlanta Speech School is currently seeking an After School Preschool Program Coordinator to manage all aspects of the Preschool After School Enrichment Program. This position is an exciting opportunity for an organized, self-motivated, creative candidate who can facilitate the establishment of a world class early learning after school enrichment community. The Program Coordinator is an administration position that will serve in both administrative and classroom level capacities, depending on the needs and demands of the day. As the “face” of the preschool after school program, this position is instrumental to the program's establishment, growth, sustainability, and overall success.
The ideal candidate should have a background in administration, program development and oversight, teacher supervision and mentorship, and partner/vendor relations. Excellent communication and organization skills are a must.
A bachelor's degree with experience in educational administration, business administration, program administration or development or related is required. Preference will be given to applicants with both administrative and early childhood education backgrounds. However, a combination of relevant experience and education will be considered for the right applicant. This position reports directly to the Director of Research and Innovation for programming related functions and the Director of After School and Enrichment for administrative functions.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, & COMPETENCIES
Overseeing the daily planning, operations, and communication of the after school program day including, but not limited to:
- Development of process and procedures for all program components
- Planning and development of all extracurricular preschool camps during the traditional academic year, if applicable (e.g. holiday camps, spring break camps)
- Daily communication with preschool after school program personnel, as well as school day personnel who are impacted by the preschool afterschool program (e.g. staff whose classrooms are utilized for the after school program day)
- Student registration and billing through JackRabbit Class System
- Vendor relations
- Parent communication and monthly newsletter
- Ensure program’s adherence to all applicable Bright From the Start policies and procedures during the hours of the after school program day.
- Managing snack budget and keeping snack supplies (e.g. food and paper goods) filled
- Planning, scheduling, and leading consistent weekly staff meetings for afterschool program staff
- Scheduling consistent meetings and/or check-ins with vendors
- Ensuring that after school program staff and vendors receive the necessary professional development and orientation to Speech School culture, practices, and norms
- Develop surveys or other methods for assessing client satisfaction with the program based on a variety of factors (teacher and vendor performance, snacks, health and safety, etc…)
- Consistently communicate any program level needs and/or challenges to appropriate director(s) to receive the necessary support in a timely fashion
- Oversight and responsibility for the organization and maintenance of the physical classroom environment, including ordering supplies and materials as necessary
- Supervision of drop-in student attendance and billing
- Management and organization of paperwork such as injury/incident reports, teacher reimbursement receipts, parent registration forms, parent payments, etc…)
- Other supervision duties as assigned
Personal and Interpersonal Skills Required:
- Excellent Written and Oral communication skills
- A customer service-centered demeanor
- Collaborate within various levels within the organization (teachers, directors, students, etc…)
- Ability to be an empathetic listener
- Positive interaction with parents, staff, partners, and community stakeholders
- Ability to be organized and a self-starter
Leadership Skills Required:
- Collaborate with speech school leadership and administration to fully develop and implement the program’s vision
- Set goals to make decisions aligned with the mission and vision of the program
- Ability to coach and build team
- Strong conflict management skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. This 190-day, full-time school position offers a generous benefit package including health/dental/life/vision and long term disability insurance; the School subsidizes health insurance premiums of staff and families. Other benefits include Flexible Spending Account; 403(b) Plan; cost reduction of some Atlanta Speech School services; subsidized meals during working hours; and accrued sick leave.
Please submit all of the following documents by March 31, 2018 to ensure that your information is considered: cover letter, resume, all college transcripts, and written submission describing how your particular skills, talents, and/or expertise could be beneficial to the Atlanta Speech School (please limit to 500 words).
Director of Human Resources
Subject line: Extended Day/Preschool After School Coordinator
No phone calls, please
The Atlanta Speech School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.