Youth Basketball Coordinator
3 days left
- Degree Level
Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church is seeking a Youth Basketball Coordinator. The Youth Basketball Coordinator is a seasonal employee who organizes and executes all aspects of the HIEC basketball youth ministry. The coordinator is supervised by the Church youth ministry and is responsible for all aspects of the program. This is a part-time, seasonal position (September – February).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate outreach to families interested in the youth basketball program during the preseason.
- Manage enrollment and registration with HIEC staff members.
- Assign team rosters and schedules.
- Recruit and train coaches, facilitiate background screenings and manage coaching orientation training.
- Coordinate and manage facilities availability and referee scheduling.
- Purchase all essential program equipment, including customized team jerseys and end of season trophies.
- Develop and implement player evaulations and team draft procedures.
- Manage practice and game schedules, staffing and supervision.
- Coordinate game schedules with other area youth leagues related to end of season tournaments.
- Serve as the primary contact for all league communications including game cancellations and schedules.
- High-energy and enthusiastic about working in youth sports, experience with Church youth leagues preferred.
- Must have availability Monday – Thursday from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM and Saturdays from 8:00 – 3:00 PM during the season (November – mid-February)
- Proficiency with Google Docs and Google Forms