Foundation Accountant for Growing Organization
3 days left
- Experience Level
Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that manages over 30 independent family foundations. We provide whatever a foundation needs to operate optimally, including strategic advice, board support, grantmaking programs, compliance, financial management and a physical home. With a current staff of 31, we value competence and camaraderie and work together to make the most of our collective experience. We thrive on collaboration and share our talents to provide top-level service to our clients.
PFS is looking for a highly skilled accountant to join the PFS team. The Accountant supports the finance department (five employees) in providing excellent service to the private foundations that PFS manages. The Accountant is responsible for processing receipts and disbursements, recording journal entries, generating financial reports and special projects, as assigned. The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week), nonexempt, and reports to the Vice President of Finance.
- Process checks and deposits for all foundations, as needed.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Record journal entries prepared by Sr. Accountants.
- Prepare and send investment statements, check registers and general ledger reports to clients as requested.
- Assist Sr. Accountants in monthly closing procedures for foundations including, but not limited to: routine journal entries, reports as requested.
- Responsible for full accounting cycle for selected assigned client foundations, including investment accounting and financial statements.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of grants expense and grants payable with grants management database.
- Assist Sr. Accountants with annual audit/review tasks and requests.
- Assist with annual tax returns, including entering payments into QuickBooks, filing completed returns on server, sending copies to appropriate accountants.
- Ensure monthly closing checklists are updated regularly.
- Ensure department’s hard copy files and server files are current and orderly.
- Prepare year end 1099/1096 reports.
- Assist VP of Finance and Sr. Accountants on special projects as assigned.
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- At least three years accounting experience, preferably with nonprofits or foundations, general ledger experience required.
- High proficiency with accounting software, including QuickBooks (both PC-based and online versions).
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, in a Windows environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, including ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a small, collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and discretion about confidential matters.
- Demonstrated commitment to PFS values of generosity, respect, integrity, inclusion, commitment, and humility.
PFS has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Santa Rosa. This position will be based in the San Francisco office.
Salary Range: $48,000 - $62,000, DOE
Benefits: Include medical, dental, vision, Section 125 plan, 401K retirement, Commuter Checks and more
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to:
Juliana Grenzeback, Vice President of Finance
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
Pacific Foundation Services is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
All final candidates must provide three relevant employment references, and be able to verify the right to work in the United States.