Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
- Experience Level
Looking for a great part time position with friendly people in a place where your work really makes a difference?
Conservation Corps North Bay's mission is to develop youth and conserve natural resources for a strong, sustainable community. Our programs provide young people with training, skills and education to do the jobs necessary to maintain the beauty and health of our environment and our communities. Working with CCNB means you can feel great about changing lives and changing the world.
The Finance Department of Conservation Corps North Bay maintains a high standard of integrity, generating high-quality financial data to support the critical decision-making of the senior management and Board of Directors of the organization. The role of the Finance Department is to safeguard resources, manage them correctly, and communicate clearly, on-time and transparently on their allocation. Each member of the Finance team, therefore, is expected to work to this very standard of excellence, inquiry and integrity.
The Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions, but also performs other related accounting department functions, including managing contract files, and maintenance of various worksheets essential to payments and billings. The AP/AR Clerk uses Abila MIP Accounting Software and acts as a support to the Controller as needed.
- Process invoices and check requests, ensuring proper approvals, supporting documentation, and GL coding
- Enter expenses into accounting system, prepare A/P reports for review
- Print checks as instructed, have them signed, and package them for distribution
- Communicate with department leaders and vendors to resolve issues
- Maintain vendor files
- Reconcile petty cash funds
- Work must be accurate, organized, and detailed
- Prepare daily deposits of checks using desktop software
- Update Deposit Ledger and enter cash receipts into accounting system
Accounts Receivable (Fee for Service Contracts):
- Set up and maintain contract files for Fee-for-Service jobs, ensuring that documentation is complete and auditable
- Prepare monthly invoicing, send to programs for review, correct any issues, package for distribution and maintain tracking worksheets
- Prepare Accounts Receivable batch into accounting system
- Ability to follow up without direction, and take initiative to solve problems
- Attention to detail, integrity and curiosity essential for success in the position
- Ability to work both independently and with others as part of a team
- 2 years accounting experience required, non-profit experience preferred
- Medium level of Excel proficiency (including pivot tables) and computer knowledge mandatory
- Experience with Abila MIP accounting software for nonprofits preferred
- Education - Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university, concentration in accounting helpful
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk position is a part-time, regular, hourly, non-exempt position. Part-time regular employees receive all legally mandated benefits, including paid sick leave. The starting pay for this position is $22.00 to $25.00 per hour.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Recruiter and include “Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk” in the subject line.
Conservation Corps North Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer