Director of Finance and Administration
- Experience Level
The Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership is an international nonprofit organization whose mission is “to advance the awareness, understanding and practice of servant leadership by individuals and organizations”. In the words of Robert K. Greenleaf, “A better society, one that is more just and more loving, one that provides greater creative opportunity for its people.” Both an ancient philosophy and modern practice, we envision that servant leadership as a movement will continue to enrich the lives of individuals and establish more people-centered institutions as well as strengthen its vital relationships.
We are currently seeking a Director of Finance and Administration. This individual should not only possess the knowledge and skills necessary to perform the required duties but also embody the personality and spirit of a servant leader. One who is a team player and dedicated to the advancement of our mission and growth of our organization.
- Revenue recognition and transaction recording for all lines of business (publications, donations, memberships etc.)
- Month-end close and account reconciliations (bank accounts, investment accounts, credit cards)
- Biweekly payroll processing and general ledger entries; processing investment contributions
- Expense management and accounts payable processing
- Record In-Kind contributions and other related donations and services
- Process purchase orders and forward shipment request for processing
- Invoicing and billing for consulting engagements, dues processing, donation pledges.
- Process credit card payments over the phone; send out payments links via payment processor
- Royalty payment calculations and processing for author payments
- Monthly A/R review; collect outstanding payments and send out statements/reminders
- Compile financial report package for CEO review and Board meetings (Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Forecast, Budget vs. Actuals)
- Construct annual budget; report monthly on actuals; provide details and explanations for variances.
- Coordinate and facilitate annual audit with third-party CPA firm; provide requested documents, records and backups as well as annual 990 processing with IRS.
- Timely filing of monthly GA state sales tax returns
- Benefits administration and management; payment processing and annual negotiations
- Manage and maintain publication business activities to ensure maximum profit
- Google Apps account administration for email and Ad Words grant management
- Insurance and risk management evaluation and policy management (workers comp, business liability)
- Keep track of inventory and approve print productions as need; review sales metrics through all sales channels including Amazon and Online store.
- Answer and direct inquiries regarding services, book orders, shipping status, membership and all other customer service related inquiries.
- Manage staff resources and project assignments to ensure maximum productivity
- Provide administrative support and resources for special events, conferences and meetings (as requested)
- Track and maintain intellectual property renewals such as registered trademarks and names; renew annual business registrations and filings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field and at least 2-5 years of related experience with some prior knowledge of non-profit accounting.
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks Online, Dropbox, GoToMeeting, Google Apps, Microsoft Excel
- Executive presence with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and expand beyond the job description in order to get things done.
- Detailed oriented, organized, high integrity, trustworthy and dependable.
For Immediate Consideration, please apply directly or email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “(Your Name) CANDIDATE FOR DOFA”
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Executive / Senior Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta