Health Education Specialist
3 days left
- Experience Level
POSITION EXPECTATION: Each employee of Future Foundation is expected to conduct themselves in a manner that supports the organization’s values and philosophies in achieving our goals in shaping youth into productive and responsible citizens. The Health Education Specialist is expected to comply with all applicable regulatory guidelines and safe operating practices, to produce a service that meets the standards of the funding agency (Family and Youth Services Bureau) and to proactively support all Future Foundation needs. This position is tied to federal grant funding for a period ending September 29, 2021 - this funding is contingent upon renewal each year.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Health Education Specialist will help in recruiting and retaining students and parents, lesson planning, and implementing program curricula and support the PREIS Program Manager where needed. The PREIS (Personal Responsibility Education Innovative Strategies) Program is a year-round program that focuses on helping students make smart decisions about academics, social behavior, and physical, nutritional, and sexual health, in order to prepare them for future success. It is a three-year experimental study providing evidence-based interventions to middle-school aged students each year, starting January 2018 to May 2020. This study will test the effectiveness of this year-round teen enrichment and life skills model in helping youth avoid or reduce risky behaviors. The PREIS research evaluation will test the effectiveness of this year-round teen enrichment and life skills model in helping youth avoid or reduce risky behaviors amongst experimental student groups. The afterschool program operates from 5-7p, Monday - Thursday, and from 8a-4p, Monday - Friday during the summer.
Work schedule is as follows: Monday - Thursday 11a-7p; Friday - 9a-5p during the school year (August-May); during June and July, the schedule would be adjusted to 8a-4p, daily, to accommodate summer programming requirements.
- enrolling youth in the program and documenting attendance;
- collaborate with PREIS leadership team to determine strategies and solutions to student engagement, completion of core interventions, and plans for retention improvement;
- developing age-appropriate lesson/activity plans, life skills training, and prevention education and alternative/recreation activities for students and parents;
- delivering medically-accurate, sexual health education and social-emotional learning curricula to middle-school aged students;
- delivering and teaching parent-child communication best practices and skills to parents on a monthly basis;
- developing program calendar, team meeting agendas and schedule contractors, partners and or securing subject-matter experts for programming;
- maintain confidential program documentation via Microsoft OneDrive and Sharepoint and assist in record keeping/reporting duties;
- attend staff development and special events as needed (may include limited weekends and/or holidays);
- maintain up-to-date work plan for performance management purposes; and
- perform all duties in accordance with confidentiality laws, agency policy and procedures, and professional ethics and as assigned by senior management.
- Must have a BA/BS, Masters preferred, in one or more of the following areas: Public Health (preferred), Social Work, or any related field, including a combination of education, training and teaching experiences in professional, health education settings;
- Three or four years of combined health education and youth development experiences implementing evidence-based curricula (preferred middle-school aged students) or equivalent combination of experiences;
- Be professional, highly motivated, and a quick learner;
- Be a strong team member with effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong work ethic and has great initiative especially with task follow-up and follow-through;
- Be well-versed in MS Office tools;
- Demonstrated skills operating PC and Mac computer systems;
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands in a dynamic fast-paced environment;
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid certifications; and
- Maintain flexible work schedule to include evenings and weekends if necessary.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Health / Medical Youth Development $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta