Young Adult Community Leader
- Experience Level
Seeking a dynamic leader to shape a bequest-funded initiative to create meaningful community among young adults in Northern Virginia. This project will promote Unitarian Universalist values of love, justice and compassion in our region through collaborative participation in art, music, learning, emotional/spiritual support, and social justice events and offerings. Intended to support people in transition and to be deliberately non-church like, this project will be run (at least initially) from pop-up venues in the local area.
Are you curious, creative, energetic, and able to warmly engage and connect with young adults (ages 18-40)?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enjoy working independently
- Be eager to shape the focus of this project, first by interviewing young adults to determine their interests and needs
- Be excited about programming musical events (open mic night, house concerts, etc.) and many other types of creative workshops to draw in the target audience
- Have the ability to evaluate the success of the project quantitatively over time
- Be able to handle sensitive pastoral concerns with care and confidentiality
- Be skilled in managing and motivating volunteer staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Working with diverse groups of people
- Planning and running group events
- Skilled as a community organizer
- Actively using social media
- Working on social justice areas of interest
- Authentically upholding Unitarian Universalist values
- Identifies as Unitarian Universalist
- Pastoral care or social work training/experience
- Fluency in a second language a plus
- Credentialed UU religious professional (in good standing with UU Ministers Association, Liberal Religious Educators Association, or UU Musicians Network)
This position will:
- Report to the Senior Minister of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax
- Be half-time (20 hours/week), must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Offer $30-35,000 salary, dependent on experience, plus commensurate benefits
- Be for an initial one-year contract term
- Require a background check
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018.
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax is a progressive religious congregation in Northern Virginia whose mission is to transform ourselves, our community and the world through acts of love and justice.
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Washington D.C.
- Event Planning Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Washington D.C.
- Social Work / Counseling Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Washington D.C.