Associate Director of Development, College of Health & Social Sciences
- Experience Level
The Associate Director of Development for the College of Health & Social Sciences is responsible for prospect identification, fundraising for gifts of $5,000 and above, alumni engagement, and overseeing corporate and donor events. In coordination with the Senior Director of Development for the College, the Dean, and the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Development, the Associate Director develops relationships with alumni and other potential funders to increase philanthropic support for the College. A key focus of this position will be to expand the pipeline and grow the special gifts program for the College of Health & Social Sciences.
- Three or more years of development experience, preferably in a higher education or health setting.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in pipeline building and prospect identification, and an ability to build relationships with alumni and other constituents.
- Experience developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies for special and major gifts in at least the $5,000 to $50,000 range, including the preparation of proposals and related materials.
- Experience working with foundations and securing sponsorships preferred.
- Experience in planning and executing fundraising events.
- Ability to manage time and priorities to meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities. Outstanding organizational and analytical skills. Experience as a self-starter, with ability to work with significant autonomy.
- Demonstrated high-quality writing skills and experience in making oral presentations.
- Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus and external community, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of the University’s mission and the ability to articulate academic values internally and externally.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and donor databases.
- Bachelor's degree required.
The salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
SF State offers a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
SF State is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
For the full job description and to apply, visit http://bit.ly/sfsujobs . Please note that cover letters and resumes must be uploaded together in a single document. The Job ID is 9753.