- Willingness to Travel
- 25 - 50%
The Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to support the advancement of Asian scientists and engineers in education and employment so that they can achieve their full career potential. In addition to their professional development, the SASE also encourages members to contribute to the enhancement of the communities in which they live.
Development Manager (DM) reports to and serves as the primary assistant to SASE’s Executive Director (ED) for development. The DM will be responsible for the development, implementation, planning, reporting and budgeting of development programs including but not limited to current programs: corporate sponsorship, individual giving, the Organization Advisory Council (OAC), awards programs, and manages the Development Committee. As part of this responsibility, the DM will cultivating, stewarding, retaining, and growing our sponsorship. The position will represent SASE to corporate sponsors and members. The position will require travel to conferences hosted by similar organizations to meet potential sponsors (SHPE, SWE, NSBE, BEYA, NBMBAA, etc.) and cities to meet with and solicit sponsors. Travel to SASE’s National Conference in the fall and OAC Winter meeting are also required. Travel will average 1-2 trips per month with some months being more than the average and some months having no travel. Peak travel are during the spring and fall. All work related travel expenses will be paid for by SASE. The compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience.
SASE is a virtual organization and all employees work from home. The DM will be expected to have a work area with reliable internet at home. A contracted 3rd party is currently responsible for the majority of the corporate relationship. SASE’s annual corporate sponsorship exceeds $1 million and has been growing at 20% annually on average.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represent SASE and manage relationships with corporate sponsors
- Cultivate, steward and retain sponsors of the organization
- Maintain a working portfolio of prospects and current partners
- Be familiar with SASE’s events, history and growth to develop and engage corporate sponsorship
- Chair, engage and supervise volunteers on the Development Committee to execute the development plans including the Individual Giving Program
- Manage and lead SASE’s awards programs and sub-committee
- Develop and execute with the ED, a development plan with goals by focusing on organizations
- Conduct research on corporations, institutions and individuals
- Assist the ED in the implementation and reporting on development programs and events
- Work with SASE staff and volunteers to move organizational goals forward
- Serve with the ED as the primary relationship contact for corporations and major donors
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel and reporting, and the ability to conduct basic data analysis. Knowledge of PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex programs
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a time-constrained environment
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks with minimal supervision; be self-directed
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Positive history (more than 3 years) in a corporate or nonprofit environment with some sales component
Desired skills (beyond Basic Qualifications):
- Working knowledge of CRM or database
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, nonprofit, development or similar area
- Strong leadership acumen to lead volunteers and make decisions
- Proven ability to develop collaborative working relationships with diverse individuals and organizations
- Globally minded with experience working well across different cultures
- Proven ability to oversee the financial aspects of development implementation
- Understand and have work experience with nonprofit organization laws and regulations in the US
- Foreign language capability